Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helloz, everyone! I decided to test out 4.16 for the cloth tool and a couple other things too. The cloth paint tool works good with creating new physics assets and retouching up the influences of older assets. there is a few things i noticed that could also be integrated with this.
    1. such as allowing UE4 to use it's own collision assets and collision channel to work with cloth physics.
    2. the next is changing the max bone limit on painted influences to at least 6. the limit is 4, but 6 is commonly used on upper character torsos for smoother bends. neck, spine 3, Clavicle L, Clavicle R, Upper Arm L, Upper Arm R = 6.
    3. then lastly, allowing to paint special influences on hard objects attached to cloth assets (like buttons and zippers) to move not as cloth objects but more like something in-conjunction with it. I don't know if Nvidia ever found a solution for hard objects and cloth objects to work in-conjunction with each other, this might be too complex of a fix. but this would allow users to not strip off assets from their clothing objects.

thanks!

Comment

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-43370I think this is one of the most critical bug at this moment for VR devs:
      https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-43370

please fix it! It should not take long time, but super critical! People vote!

Comment

Originally posted by 星河微尘 View Post
        [MENTION=524867]dan.reynolds[/MENTION]
        when i run UHT in vs2017.it come up with an error msg in output window like" Unable to find field 'ExternalDependenciesFile' in '{manifest root}".
        i saw it was trouble by this code :GetJsonFieldValue(Result.ExternalDependenciesFile, RootObject, TEXT("ExternalDependenciesFile"), TEXT("{manifest root}"));
        and UHT quit.how can i solve this problem. thanks.
        Did you try just rebuilding UHT?
        Dan Reynolds
        Technical Sound Designer || Unreal Audio Engine Dev Team

Comment

Originally posted by Magneto View Post
          What do you need to do if you want to use the overall sound mix you hear or from a particular plugin like the web browser for example?

Im trying to take the audio from the web browser plugin and have that affect a material.
          Do you mean audio from outside of the game?
          Dan Reynolds
          Technical Sound Designer || Unreal Audio Engine Dev Team

Comment

Originally posted by dan.reynolds View Post
            Do you mean audio from outside of the game?
            I dont think thats what they mean but since you mention it I am rather interested in the possibility of doing realtime fft spectrum analysis of data obtained using wasapi loopback capture on windows. For using UE4 as a music visualizer. It's not the sort of thing I expect an engine to have built in but I did manage to get it working in another game engine and was wondering what the most obvious starting point for this would be in terms of the new audio engine.

Lovely synth by the way. I got it working on windows and used the midi plugin to enable me to play the synth using a roli seaboard. It wasn't that hard to use blueprints to use all the seaboard dimensions of touch to control different synth parameters. I'm presuming the synth parameters are not adjustable per-voice when in poly mode, so I cant make full use of the roli but still great fun anyway.
            Last edited by SteveElbows; 05-01-2017, 01:35 PM.

Comment

UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 2 for 4.16! Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.16 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.

For a list of known issues affecting this latest preview, please follow the links provided on the first post in this thread.

Cheers!

Fixed in Preview 2 - CL 3415560

Fixed! UE-44390 Replace name to be more user friendly for creating animation/export animation
              Fixed! UE-44451 [CrashReport] Crash occurring in Phonon::FPhononReverb::ProcessMixedAudio
              Fixed! UE-44430 User is not prompted for restart on enabling cloth tools in experimental tab in editor prefrences
              Fixed! UE-44305 Suspended cloth animation is not animating properly
              Fixed! UE-44396 Content Examples: Example 1.6 broken collision - Cloth Map
              Fixed! UE-44350 Hot reloading newly created C++ project compiles modules
              Fixed! UE-44303 HotReload fails with Linker errors when using Visual Studio 2017
              Fixed! UE-43979 Hot reload uses different PCH to regular compile
              Fixed! UE-44323 Event driven loader crashes at specific level
              Fixed! UE-44389 Cannot Create Data Asset Derived from Blueprint/C++ Classes
              Fixed! UE-44314 Components lose transform values in the new instance after copy and paste
              Fixed! UE-44316 Instance of BP actor remains in Viewport after undoing create actor
              Fixed! UE-44290 Complex BP which succeeds in BP compilation fails during windows packaging
              Fixed! UE-44372 Crash duplicating or deleting any component inside of Actor BP if lights or triggers are present
              Fixed! UE-44234 Nativized ShooterGame (Win64) crashes on launch
              Fixed! UE-44018 Crash in Packaged Game When Calling Interface Function with Blueprint Nativization Enabled
              Fixed! UE-44124 ShooterGame failing to build nativized assets
              Fixed! UE-44112 Assert cooking QAGame QA-Blueprints map with Nativization enabled
              Fixed! UE-44385 Dynamic Force Feedback plays forever if initiating actor is destroyed
              Fixed! UE-44526 Android - Deployment fails if project name contains an underscore
              Fixed! UE-44499 Need Android.NewKeyboard option to force old keyboard
              Fixed! UE-44417 Android projects stop responding when resuming from a locked screen
              Fixed! UE-44461 Target SDK level check at runtime is backward
              Fixed! UE-44412 Package fails for android if company name begins with a number
              Fixed! UE-44257 Blueprint projects fail to Package for iOS
              Fixed! UE-44253 HTML5: *Linux* Launch On fails to invoke process
              Fixed! UE-43853 SubUV particle leads to crash in android devices
              Fixed! UE-44154 Editor Crashes when opening a New C++ project if you are mid deployment to mobile
              Fixed! UE-44132 HTML5 in Chrome fails with Out of Memory
              Fixed! UE-34851 QAEntry cannot compile on HTML5
              Fixed! UE-44043 Open a web browser widget and immediately close it would cause crash on mobile.
              Fixed! UE-44382 Adding reflection capture when in mobile preview causes full capture update
              Fixed! UE-42436 Sky light SH values are no longer generated for mobile
              Fixed! UE-43491 Launch on failure when arm v7a + v8a abis are set
              Fixed! UE-44533 Spaces in ANT_HOME path cause problems with ant.bat patch
              Fixed! UE-44286 Startup movie just flashes colors on Android in 4.16 (possibly only Adreno (model < 400 or Android < 6.0)
              Fixed! UE-44181 Crash editor upon finish of ShooterGame match - FSeamlessTravelHandler
              Fixed! UE-44515 Skincache causes broken velocity vectors
              Fixed! UE-44440 Shader compile error with vertex interpolator materials shadowing skeletal meshes
              Fixed! UE-44422 Integrate missing gpu skin cache fixes
              Fixed! UE-44324 Rendering issue occurs when using Skin Cache is enabled and multiple objects use the same skel mesh
              Fixed! UE-42254 Potential major HLOD dynamic shadow performance issues
              Fixed! UE-43898 Crash on opening TM-MeshPaint - FMeshDrawingPolicy:rawMesh()
              Fixed! UE-44064 Crash when loading Tm-Tessellation on Mac with Metal v1.2 targeted shader standard
              Fixed! UE-44180 GitHub 3496 : fix Assertion failed: GRHIVendorId != 0 - recognize mesa radeon driver
              Fixed! UE-44386 DX11: QAGame (tm-shadermodels) crashes with an assert in the rendering thread with Launch On.
              Fixed! UE-44423 Movie capture not warming up on the first frame
              Fixed! UE-44381 Change TInlineValue::Reset(TInlineValue&&) to not use memcpy
              Fixed! UE-44343 Subway Sequencer - Property ledger of ledger has struct type mismatch warning
              Fixed! UE-44313 Warnings appear when playing a Sequence while in PIE
              Fixed! UE-44301 Bindings getting lost on save as
              Fixed! UE-44045 StaticMesh not animating in rendered sequence when Use Separate Process is off.
              Fixed! UE-44103 Ambiguous Search Warning After Recompiling Blueprint of an Object Involved in a Level Sequence
              Fixed! UE-44368 ShooterGame crashes when PIEing while running a Launch On
              Fixed! UE-44456 Crash after enabling USD plugin in binary editor
              Fixed! UE-44135 TextBox widget renders differently when in a Retainer Box
              Fixed! UE-44450 [CrashReport] Crash in UViewportWorldInteraction::FindTransformGizmoAlignPoint
              Fixed! UE-44302 VR Mode Interactor hand editor preference not persisting between editor sessions
              Fixed! UE-44299 Crash: Opening Project Browser from Launcher with VR Mode auto-entry enabled with HMD active (worn)
              Fixed! UE-43298 Crash when pressing ESC to stop simulate while in VR Mode
              Fixed! UE-44426 Correct pivot painter 2 input/output descriptions and submit the missing pivot painter example map

REMEMBER: Please report any new bugs you find by following the How To Report a Bug Guide
              Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Stephen,

Please pretty please can you hook the SceneTexture:SeparateTranslucency node up to read from the (currently working) separate translucency buffer?

Am having to double my star mesh in eden (one behind everything, one in front of everything) to fake proper translucency through nebulas, the above would be much cleaner (not to mention less dodgy).

Comment

One of the new features in 4.16 preview is the Asset Manager. The documentation for it won't be ready for 4.16 release and the feature is still in heavy development, but I posted an AnswerHub question with the documentation attached if people want to get a head start. The AnswerHub has more details, but basically if you're a c++ programmer building an RPG or something else that needs to manage lots of different types of data, you should check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] Ben Zeigler View Post
                    One of the new features in 4.16 preview is the Asset Manager. The documentation for it won't be ready for 4.16 release and the feature is still in heavy development, but I posted an AnswerHub question with the documentation attached if people want to get a head start. The AnswerHub has more details, but basically if you're a c++ programmer building an RPG or something else that needs to manage lots of different types of data, you should check it out.
                    Nice, then i can get rid of my engine modifications Thank you

Comment

Is there any reason why you can't apply cloth to a lone skeletal mesh?

I have a bunch of interchangeable clothing assets that I want to simulate

uhhh I guess nevermind, I opened another asset with different parts and now it works on single meshes
                      Last edited by mlindborg; 05-02-2017, 01:11 PM.
                      Character Customizer

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] Ben Zeigler View Post
                        This is now by far my favorite 4.16 thing. Just to clarify - it is used for BOTH in-editor asset auditing and runtime async loading-on-demand?

Also, how difficult would it be to extend it to do content naming convention checking? For example, specify a SK_* regex for skeletal meshes, one for static meshes etc.
                        [Submitted] Advanced Data Validation

Comment

[MENTION=270][EPIC] Ben Zeigler[/MENTION]: Another thing (not directly related to the asset manager, but it would be a nice additions for assets in general)

I do runtime level generation and at the moment i scan all my assets to determine which can be used together. For this purpose i added a assetregistrysearchable uproperty and then group them together. This is quite easy for Actors, since i just have to create a common subclass, no problems there. But for static meshes (which i use heavily in ISMC's, constructed at runtime) i had to add it in the engine source, since i couldn't get the editor to create a static mesh with my subclass as base. Is there a possibility for you to add a 'label' property to all asset types?
                          Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 05-02-2017, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
                            Also, how difficult would it be to extend it to do content naming convention checking? For example, specify a SK_* regex for skeletal meshes, one for static meshes etc.
                            I would make a small editor plugin for that purpose, since it's probably only running on demand (button).

Comment

Originally posted by Ohriginal View Post

New volumetric lighting looks amazing. This is default project, default post-processing, and I switched the lights to fully dynamic. Can't wait to see what experts do.

And here's one with the lights in motion

So cool ! Could you share your setup of volumetric fog ? I was playing with it like for half of hour and i couldn't get a single light shaft. :C I would be thankful

Comment

Does anyone else's main viewport FPS get cut in half or worse when particle editor is open with any particle from starter content that's not smoke or steam? Particle editor doesn't even have to be visible anywhere. It doesn't happen in 4.7 which is the only other version I have installed atm.

Comment

Working...
                                X