4.15 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kalle-H View Post
    Is there some changes to how static meshes can share lightmaps between lod levels? I have noticed that in 4.15 all lod's have unique lightmaps. This causes horrible popping. It's also make lightmass build time so much slower. It's even increased level built_data to be three times as much as in 4.14. Totally unusable.
    Did I miss some patch note? All my lods are auto generated. All my meshes have 2-5 different lod levels.
    Same problem here... and i won't talk about the new tonemapper or bloom that break many things...

Comment

Originally posted by Gwenn View Post
      I have a binary build. Setting "Compiler" to "VS 2017" in the project settings doesn't make the "Generate project files" menu generate 2017 files.
      Add -2017 as a command line option to the "GenerateProjectFiles.bat". It generates a project for VS2017 then.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicobass View Post
        Same problem here...
        Does this happens for every mesh for you?
        I noticed that message log is full of spam about uv's wrapping and overlapping(Without any percentages) for meshes that were just fine at 4.14.

Comment

Is there some changes to how static meshes can share lightmaps between lod levels? I have noticed that in 4.15 all lod's have unique lightmaps. This causes horrible popping. It's also make lightmass build time so much slower. It's even increased level built_data to be three times as much as in 4.14. Totally unusable.
          Did I miss some patch note? All my lods are auto generated. All my meshes have 2-5 different lod levels.
          Since I can't go reread the release notes browser keeps crashing for some reason. I am going off of memory. The texture streaming update mentioned lod but I don't remember the exact reason but something to look into.

Comment

Does this happens for every mesh for you?
            I noticed that message log is full of spam about uv's wrapping and overlapping(Without any percentages) for meshes that were just fine at 4.14.
            Exactly, also reflections from skylight seems to be really too strong and without any culling for rendertarget2D...
            For me the only good point with this version is the performances, it's really better

Comment

for anyone interested in the New: Flight Stick and Steering Wheel Support (Windows)
              After a lot of trial and error I figured of the axis keys for the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X
              Axis 8 = ? No affect
              Axis 7 = ? No Affect
              Axis 6 = Z Axis.
              Axis 5 = RZ Axis.
              Axis 4 = Slider 0
              Axis 3 = Y Axis
              Axis 2 = X Axis
              Axis 1 = HAT, No idea how You would be able to configure Multiple axis

ISSUE
              There seems to be an issue with the Yaw pitch & roll axis.
              If i Set yaw input value to 1 it will rotate permanently clockwise. if I set it to -1 it will do the same anti clockwise.
              Using the input to yaw the apposite way only stop the spinning but doesn't turn in the other direction.
              I have tried multiple setups in the input settings without results.

Is it me or is there a BUG?
              Last edited by AlphaWolF; 02-17-2017, 12:01 PM.
              https://www.artstation.com/artist/alphawolf
              http://alphawolf-uk.deviantart.com/gallery/
              https://www.minds.com/AlphaWolF_uk

Comment

Originally posted by TriNityGER View Post
                Add -2017 as a command line option to the "GenerateProjectFiles.bat". It generates a project for VS2017 then.
                Where is GenerateProjectFiles.bat in binary releases ? For the record, uninstalling VS2015 did the trick.
                Helium Rain, a realistic space opera - Full C++ sources available - Steam Greenlight | /r/unrealengine

Comment

Originally posted by Themanwithideas View Post
                  Since I can't go reread the release notes browser keeps crashing for some reason. I am going off of memory. The texture streaming update mentioned lod but I don't remember the exact reason but something to look into.
                  I am quite sure that this isn't related to texture streamer at all. For generated LOD's all lights maps should be shareable but for some reason they aren't in 4.15.

Comment

We also got the SVN Error after updating to 4.15
                    I hope this will be a fix soon.
                    Last edited by WAII; 02-17-2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Awesome news! Keep up the good work guys!
                      Marketplace Assets
                      [RELEASED] InventorySystem - Advanced Drag 'n Drop Inventory With Crafting | [RELEASED] ConfigBP - Blueprint .ini Configuration Files Made Easy | [RELEASED] SubsystemConfigurator - Steam Subsystem Setup Made Easy | [SUBMITTED] NetShield - SSL & Crypto Using Blueprints | [SUBMITTED] NetDB - PostgreSQL For Unreal Engine 4!

Comment

• Tonemapper did change the colors of our game dramatically but, adjusting it to get it back to how it was, wasn't that hard.
                        Bacon Man : An Adventure (UE4)

Comment

• Pfft, semantics. Almost always the concrete backing data structure is an array.
                          First, precision in terms actually helps communication!

Second, if they use hashing-with-chaining, there might be an array in there for the head of the chains, but each data element lives in a chain (linked list,) not an array.
                          The other common set / dictionary implementation is with a tree of some sort, at which point there is no array at all used in the implementation.

The semantics and performance characteristics of arrays are totally different from hashed or sorted sets or dictionaries, hence why the difference actually matters to engineers. I'm sure you already know this; just repeating in case someone else is reading this and didn't yet :-)

(At the very lowest layer, memory is of course like an array of bytes, and pooled allocators are a thing, but that doesn't change the performance characteristics of the different containers to the main program.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Link_AJ View Post
                            It seems our SVN source control isn't working anymore after updating the project to 4.15
                            Anyone else have this issue?
                            Originally posted by WAII View Post
                            We also got the SVN Error after updating to 4.15
                            I hope this will be a fix soon.
                            Hi folks.

Could either of you please log a Bug Report on the UE4 Answerhub (click link in my signature) and report this issue with full details so our support staff can investigate?

Thanks
                            Stephen Ellis | Epic Games | Engine Support | @TheEpicStephen
                            How to report an engine bug | >>Click here to report engine bugs<<

Comment

• VR

New: Updated the GoogleVR SDK to version 1.01.
                              As far as I checked it is actually version 1.10 (plugin version 1.2, SDK version 1.10 to be precise).

Comment

• Thanks Stephen for you prompt answers to our problems! Your doing great. =)
                                Abatron Development Thread
                                www.abatrongame.com
                                Steam Store

Comment

Working...
                                X