No announcement yet.

4.15 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm confused about maps/sets. Can someone please explain what they are and how they're used differently from arrays?

Comment

Originally posted by TriNityGER View Post
      Is VS2017 fully supported in 4.15? Official VS17 Release is very soon so I'd like to upgrade as fast as possible
      It's unsupported until VS2017 is released.

I'm sure VS2017 will have 4.15 support. The Nintendo Switch rumor mill is saying game developers will be able to purchase devkits in April 2017. No confirmation, so I hopefully can expect 4.16 to be released before the devkits are released.

Comment

Originally posted by 0vr View Post
        I'm confused about maps/sets. Can someone please explain what they are and how they're used differently from arrays?
        A Set is an Array of unique keys.
        A Map is a Key/Value pair Array of unique keys.
        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Why the rush with VS2017 anyway ?
          LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

What's with AFR? Why do we need to contact Nvidia to get it to work?
            George Rolfe.
            Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by TriNityGER View Post
              Is VS2017 fully supported in 4.15? Official VS17 Release is very soon so I'd like to upgrade as fast as possible
              Support for VS2017 was added with 4.14, so 4.15 also supports it.
              Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
              Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

A Set is an Array of unique keys.
                A Map is a Key/Value pair Array of unique keys.
                If that is correct, then Set and Map are quite useless. The whole point of Set and Map is that the item look-up is faster than a linear array scan.
                The Set and Map data types in UE15 blueprints are not implemented as linear scans over arrays. Hence, the claim "they are useful when doing frequent lookups on large datasets."

Perhaps by "Array" you really meant to say "container" ?

Comment

I've been waiting for this! Congratulations! I didn't catch any bugfix referencing the "WorldOriginLocation" stutter bug, but I'm assuming it's fixed, as it states in the page I've linked to, yes?

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-40022

Comment

Good job Epic. New sound engine works well

Comment

EDIT: this post became obsolete since I was not smart enough to check the content examples first! :P Sorry for that!
                      I hate to be THAT guy again but....do we finally have content examples (that were promised a looong time ago) for the new hair shader etc??? I mean people have been asking for this since like....forever! Also there were at least 3 or 4 new Paragon characters released in the meantime, so making a head with some nice hair shouldnt be that hard
                      Last edited by Daedalus51; 02-16-2017, 08:33 AM.
                      Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                      https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus51 View Post
                        I hate to be THAT guy again but....do we finally have content examples (that were promised a looong time ago) for the new hair shader etc??? I mean people have been asking for this since like....forever! Also there were at least 3 or 4 new Paragon characters released in the meantime, so making a head with some nice hair shouldnt be that hard
                        They have released Paragon's hair shader and eye shader months ago, within content examples pack.
                        It's in there TwinBlast's hair and Sparrow's eye.
                        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by jwatte View Post
                          If that is correct, then Set and Map are quite useless. The whole point of Set and Map is that the item look-up is faster than a linear array scan.
                          The Set and Map data types in UE15 blueprints are not implemented as linear scans over arrays. Hence, the claim "they are useful when doing frequent lookups on large datasets."

Perhaps by "Array" you really meant to say "container" ?
                          Yes, I don't mean they are TArray at all. I meant they are a special kind of array...

Comment

Can anyone explain how can I use the gameplay tags? How to add that to actors? Thanks a lot!

Comment

Please Epic fix this problem https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...res-error.html the whole landscapes change with world aligned textures and World origin rebasing IMPOSSIBLE MAKE ANY WORLD WITH THIS the whole mountain changes. This bug is mean to be fixed
                              Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                              Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                                They have released Paragon's hair shader and eye shader months ago, within content examples pack.
                                It's in there TwinBlast's hair and Sparrow's eye.
                                Whuuut??? Okay I am super sorry! I did not see an update in the thread that was asking for this, hence why I asked. Lesson learned!

And thanks for letting me know^^
                                Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                                https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Working...
                                X