4.15 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This can't be real, too good to be true

Last edited by MaximeDupart; 02-15-2017, 06:00 PM.
    LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Awesome work guys, congrats on a new release!

That being said, there is one functionality which seems to be increasingly moving toward deprecation with the new GameplayTags, and I'd like some clarification on that. Namely, I'm talking about UDamageType subclasses. Your GameplayTags example uses tags to determine whether damage is fire, physical etc. while in the past we used to subclass UDamageType to achieve that effect. Can we get some info on how those two systems will work together and will there be gameplaytags propagated through the various TakeDamage functions?

Comment

Great release, thank you!

Just a question regarding the bloom changes, I found these two quotes in the release notes:

Bloom settings have been updated to provide a more physically correct result by default.
        Bloom defaults have also been tweaked to match the new look.
        Are the mentioned defaults and settings generally accessible, and where? I am only aware of bloom settings in a post-processing volume, is this what it means?

My underlying question is this: What is the best way to replicate the bloom behavior of 4.14 materials, is there a general setting I can tweak to a certain value or do I have to tweak the materials individually?

Comment

Thanks Epic!

Best Regards
          MC

Comment

Originally posted by necspenecmetu View Post
            Great release, thank you!

Just a question regarding the bloom changes, I found these two quotes in the release notes:

Are the mentioned defaults and settings generally accessible, and where? I am only aware of bloom settings in a post-processing volume, is this what it means?

My underlying question is this: What is the best way to replicate the bloom behavior of 4.14 materials, is there a general setting I can tweak to a certain value or do I have to tweak the materials individually?
            I've been trying to figure this out as well, so I changed the bloom settings in the Post Processing Volume to match the ones in 4.14. If you do r.TonemapperFilm = 0 in the console, it looks at least close to how it used to.

Spoiler

Really hoping they reconsider removing that r.TonemapperFilm = 0 option in the future, it looks so much better with the old tonemapping for my project, at least. I understand the importance of realism in many projects, and appreciate that they're trying to make the defaults that way, but that doesn't mean other methods need to be completely tossed out (although there's probably a way to remake it from scratch if someone has sufficient understanding). I guess if they do get rid of it, hopefully someone finds a way to fake it with the new settings or something and posts how they did it publicly.
            Last edited by Inferno630; 02-15-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
              It's so C++ users can inherit new particle module classes from the base particle module classes. I believe it stems from this pull request (Github account needed) https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/1968

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...articleModule/

Cheers
              I know exactly who to make happy now.
              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Devero View Post
                Awesome work guys.

I have a question. There was a stream a few weeks ago about the new audio engine and some new features were going to be available in 4.15. I didn't seen any mention of these new experimental features in the release notes. Did they make it in or did I miss reading it somewhere.

Thanks!
                bump this one

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno630 View Post
                  I've been trying to figure this out as well, so I changed the bloom settings in the Post Processing Volume to match the ones in 4.14. If you do r.TonemapperFilm = 0 in the console, it looks at least close to how it used to.
                  Thank you! And I second your opinion of making many different looks/art styles available as painless as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                    Visual Studio 2015 is still the supported IDE for UE 4.15. It sounds like you will need to work through the list of compile errors and address them individually (it's possible there is just one root cause that triggers others). I recommend reviewing the Upgrade Notes section of the Release Notes for any changes to be aware of.

Cheers
                    Is VS2017 fully supported in 4.15? Official VS17 Release is very soon so I'd like to upgrade as fast as possible

Comment

Have lighting in Orthographic issue had been fixed?
                      (Too long to read all of bug-fix for just one I am looking for)

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-40089

Comment

Man, the patch notes make me wanna upgrade but the last 5 versions always resulted in 3 days of nightmare after upgrading... So tempting!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnz View Post
                          Man, the patch notes make me wanna upgrade but the last 5 versions always resulted in 3 days of nightmare after upgrading... So tempting!
                          I've being fixing all my systems for quite a while now; they have changed quite a lot of things, be warned
                          | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Allright, playing around with the source and trying to add thirdparty: if my ~thirdparty~.build.cs aren't getting read, and my embed preprocessor macro not added, the issue is 100% with UnrealBuildtool right?
                            LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

I tried to use the RawInput plugin with a Logitech G27 racing wheel/pedal set but I found out that the pedals don't work. I tested the racing wheel with a program called JoystickTest set to rawinput and the pedals don't work. if the JoystickTest is set to DirectX, the pedals work. How can I fix this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Devero View Post
                                Awesome work guys.

I have a question. There was a stream a few weeks ago about the new audio engine and some new features were going to be available in 4.15. I didn't seen any mention of these new experimental features in the release notes. Did they make it in or did I miss reading it somewhere.

Thanks!
                                I'd like to know about this too.

Comment

Working...
                                X