No announcement yet.

4.15 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great update. Now that MAX_ARRAY_SIZE and MAX_ARRAY_MEMORY are configurable, is it somehow safe to send large byte arrays (20mb +) via rpcs?

Comment

So where is the download link? The Get Unreal section is still downloading the last version.

Comment

No luck yet on proper replication for multiplayer VR motion controllers on a listen server?

Comment

Amazing update. C++ is much faster, even on my crappy Athlon II X2 cpu.

Comment

Fantastic update as usual!
            | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

What do the new C++ header changes mean for my existing C++ project?
              UE4 Tutorials for 3rd person Blueprint project from scratch: Youtube Channel
              Use Blender 2.8 to make UE4 compatible animations: Blog

Comment

might be nice to also include a summary of what's new in the documentation. I have in mind whether the GameplayAbility section is documented - but motorsep's comment made me realize there are other areas that probably have been extended or added. Maybe I'm in a small minority, but I've gone through most of the docs. It would be helpful to be given some idea about where to look for new information.
                Last edited by plipson; 02-15-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by plipson View Post
                  might be nice to also include a summary of what's new in the documentation. I have in mind whether the GameplayActivity section is documented - but motorsep's comment made me realize there are other areas that probably have been extended or added. Maybe I'm in a small minority, but I've gone through most of the docs. It would be helpful to be given some idea about where to look for new information.
                  On the Documentation page, clicking the green "New and Updated" button on the right takes you to: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...tes/index.html

Cheers
                  Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

Comment

hey Stephen, any idea what "Now exporting Particle Module, Particle Module Color Base and Particle Module Color to allow users to inherit from them and create their own modules." means?
                    Nobody seems to have a clue :/

Comment

"see our Blueprint Nativization documentation." look like link is broken
                      Youtube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by BoredEngineer View Post
                        "see our Blueprint Nativization documentation." look like link is broken
                        It's fixed now. Thanks

Comment

my project exploded from 4.14 to 4.15. I can't even open it.
                          "Try rebuilding from source manually". When I enter VS 2015 update 3 there is a full list of compile errors.
                          Should I install VS2017?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Luos View Post
                            hey Stephen, any idea what "Now exporting Particle Module, Particle Module Color Base and Particle Module Color to allow users to inherit from them and create their own modules." means?
                            Nobody seems to have a clue :/
                            It's so C++ users can inherit new particle module classes from the base particle module classes. I believe it stems from this pull request (Github account needed) https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/1968

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...articleModule/

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Calibanul View Post
                              my project exploded from 4.14 to 4.15. I can't even open it.
                              "Try rebuilding from source manually". When I enter VS 2015 update 3 there is a full list of compile errors.
                              Should I install VS2017?
                              Visual Studio 2015 is still the supported IDE for UE 4.15. It sounds like you will need to work through the list of compile errors and address them individually (it's possible there is just one root cause that triggers others). I recommend reviewing the Upgrade Notes section of the Release Notes for any changes to be aware of.

Edit for clarity: VS2017 is also supported as of UE 4.14, but there is no requirement to update

Cheers
                              Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 02-16-2017, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Dynamic Indirect Shadows for static meshes using distance fields.

Individual Static Mesh assets can enable Generate Mesh Distance Field to compute a distance field, without the memory cost of enabling for the whole project.
                                New Static Mesh Component properties Cast Dynamic Indirect Shadow and Dynamic Indirect Shadow Min Visibility.
                                New World Settings property Dynamic Indirect Shadows Self Shadowing Intensity which replaces the cvar.
                                Added Shadow Resolution Scale to Light Component.
                                Hooray! Distance Field Indirect Shadows is finally out!

Comment

Working...
                                X