This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwainwright View Post
    UE-10109 is finally fixed? That's so exciting! Will make seamless VR experiences so much easier to create.
    See this for more details about the fix. https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post652546
    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Luos View Post
      Ive been crossing my fingers for last few days going:

Please cascade be stable, please cascade be stable, please cascade be stable.
      because I havent moved from my comfy stable 4.11.. out of fear..
      I know the feeling. The next time I find a version as stable as 4.10 was for me, I'm going to stick with it as long as I can.

Which won't be all that long, because I'm a compulsive upgrader. ;-)

Comment

Anyone else have issues compiling their plugins after 4.15p2?

Comment

Originally posted by Mootjuh View Post
          Everytime I see one of your posts, I can't help but think you are having a lighting problem!

Comment

Yes, I got some cryptic errors along the lines of:
            cannot convert argument 1 from 'TArray<TPair<FName,uint8>,FDefaultAllocator>' to 'TArray<TPair<FName,int64>,FDefaultAllocator> &

Deleting intermediate and forcing rebuild fixed it for me though.

Comment

editor crashes during loading:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...g-loading.html

Comment

Went to see my friend and check the VR Editor with Vive for the first time. I can't wait the whole thing going to be implemented there. Building VR experience would be VR experience itself, proper wrapping Good work!

Comment

apologies for being too lazy to put them all up on the bug thing on answerhub, but its 3:20 am.
                  Bed.

additionally:
                  On ctrl + b browser pops up auto-selecting the material/emitter/etc you where working in.
                  An editor option to disable this and just pop up with last selected in content browser would make my workflow much better.

Selecting constant curve in cascade’s distribution created a collapsed empty version, workflow would dictate it to be open. (could save me a few hundred if not more clicks a day)
                  (seems semi-random, or I dont see the logic)

Comment

Originally posted by Luos View Post
                    apologies for being too lazy to put them all up on the bug thing on answerhub, but its 3:20 am.
                    Bed.
                    I just wonder why you need an explanation for what "Round" does?
                    Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                    Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                      I just wonder why you need an explanation for what "Round" does?
                      Up or Down? Does it split the edge case of 0.5? Or is it always up or down?

That is a simple, one line thing to put in docs, and does, actually, matter.

Now, sure, I can test it myself, but then, why document most stuff, right?

Comment

ios umg texture displays reddish:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...s-reddish.html

Comment

Originally posted by Joviex View Post
                          Up or Down? Does it split the edge case of 0.5? Or is it always up or down?

That is a simple, one line thing to put in docs, and does, actually, matter.

Now, sure, I can test it myself, but then, why document most stuff, right?
                          Totally agree, after years of programming and working with so many APIs I noticed that in general developers have the same view on how things are implemented, but there are always some small details...

Comment

That's disappointing

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...et-data-t.html
                            Last edited by BartlomiejMaczka; 01-26-2017, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by moookiexl View Post
                              Yes, I got some cryptic errors along the lines of:
                              cannot convert argument 1 from 'TArray<TPair<FName,uint8>,FDefaultAllocator>' to 'TArray<TPair<FName,int64>,FDefaultAllocator> &

Deleting intermediate and forcing rebuild fixed it for me though.
                              Yes, with new include model of the Engine (include only what you need) you have to add some more explicit headers (instead of generic ones like Engine.h or Slate.h) in your plugin source files...

Also an Engine plugin follow different rules than a Game Project plugin, which could be a big pain (still have to find a 'portable' way to do it, or will have to raise an issue)
                              Last edited by SRombauts; 01-26-2017, 03:51 AM.
                              [Gamedev programmer at Darewise (Paris) - We are hiring]
                              UE4 Git LFS 2.x Source Control Plugin 2.12-beta for UE4.22 - (v1 integrated by default in Beta status since UE4.7)
                              UE4 Plastic SCM Source Control Plugin (1.4.5 for UE4.22)

Comment

hm..weird .. In my system, There is no impressive build time reduction. it's almost same. .

Rebuild with DebugGame Editor configuration takes 22minutes.

I7 6900K, 16gb, mx200 512gb.

Comment

Working...
                                X