Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anything change with instanced static meshes?
    Because I got huge decrease in draw distances of instances, and can't see any way to turn it back up.
    Landscape foliage is also affected, it gets much higher LOD vs the same object as a regular static mesh.

EDIT: turning up foliage.LODDistanceScale fixed foliage, still trying to find fix for instanced mesh
    EDIT2: foliage.LODDistanceScale also affects other instanced meshes. Not sure if that's intended behavior or not, either way, turning it up fixes both.
    Last edited by moookiexl; 01-21-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drowne View Post
      Hi, I have some problems with new fontface stuff.
      In my ps4 and xbox packages I've got a lot of warning of failed fontcache loading, this i the log:

GetFontFace failed to load or process '../../../../UnrealProjects/XXXXXX/Content/Fonts/dnc47_0_Default.ufont'

I think the problems are 2:
      - the path is relative and with PC path (the XXXXXX folder is the game project one)
      - the file created has .uasset extension and not the .ufont one

--EDIT--
      I have just discovered that the ufont file is created in StageBuild directory
      This should be fixed for preview 2, but feel free to try out a source build from GitHub and let me know if you're still seeing the issue.

It was previously writing out the .ufont path during cook, which wasn't always the correct path to load at runtime. It now works out the .ufont path at runtime instead.

Comment

Originally posted by rYuxq View Post
        I kind of doubt that...
        But maybe I didnt make myself clear, so let me try it again: It says that all header files include only the header files they need. This is something that we would usually do in the .cpp file since we would use forward declaration in the header files.
        You should still use forward declarations in place of includes whenever possible. Basically all they've done is to clean up the engine includes, to remove a bunch of unnecessary code being included all over the place, hence the reduction in compilation times.

Generally, a header should include itself everything that it needs in order to compile, no matter where it might be included from. Previously this wasn't the case, many engine headers relied on includes being made by the precompiled header, which meant you'd sometimes get errors if you included such an engine header from your own code module with a different precompiled header.

Comment

Originally posted by kamrann View Post
          You should still use forward declarations in place of includes whenever possible. Basically all they've done is to clean up the engine includes, to remove a bunch of unnecessary code being included all over the place, hence the reduction in compilation times.

Generally, a header should include itself everything that it needs in order to compile, no matter where it might be included from. Previously this wasn't the case, many engine headers relied on includes being made by the precompiled header, which meant you'd sometimes get errors if you included such an engine header from your own code module with a different precompiled header.
          Ohh now I get it. I had assumed this was already the case. So I thought the change meant something different. My bad, my misunderstanding. I guess for us, nothing changes.

Comment

In the new UE 4-15 Preview1 version when i use the FOLIAGE tool and place some trees in the Landscape the Trees disappear dont draw anymore ...when i move far away in the Editor also in Game!
            In UE4.14.3 version that not happens!
            What i must do when i wont the Trees dont disappear and stay.

Thanks!
            Last edited by VassiliosC; 01-22-2017, 08:35 AM.

Comment

4.15p1 BUG:Enum is broken after converting from 4.14.3
              https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...um-broken.html

Comment

Originally posted by Imsopov View Post
                I was close to using the forward renderer in our projects, the only thing that let it down for us was the reflections.
                Couldn't you set the material to High Quality Reflection for those objects that needed it? I did that at our project and it looks all fine. No problems with ugly reflections at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Syed View Post
                  It is C++ compilations. It is not a performance increase..
                  Meaning up to 50% faster in case I'm making a C++ project, for example? 'Cause that was what I was talking about, and it's huge, is it not?

Comment

Meaning 50% faster compilation of your C++ project. So, yes, it's huge. If you waste ~30 seconds waiting for things to compile when you push the button now, then you should only waste ~15 seconds waiting for things to compile in 4.15, according to the theory.

Comment

The speedtree node seems to be a bit broken in 4.15:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-node-bug.html
                      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by CleanCut View Post
                        Meaning 50% faster compilation of your C++ project. So, yes, it's huge. If you waste ~30 seconds waiting for things to compile when you push the button now, then you should only waste ~15 seconds waiting for things to compile in 4.15, according to the theory.
                        Most probably one also has to modify their precompiled header to include only the related UE4 headers..
                        IMO, you should fit an SSD - it speeds up the build process tremendously. Previously, yes many times you were left wondering what the heck is happening.. I pressed Ctrl+Shift+B.. nothing seems to be running.. and often, it took more than 1 minute to see build text printing in the output window.. With SSD it just builds..

But then, I also have VC2005 installed in my machine - I tried to build my old project with it, it is simply wayy faster.. lol. Much like turbo pascal vs turbo c 2.0 in my teen years...
                        Last edited by Syed; 01-24-2017, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Could we get a confirmation whether or not we'll see some more documentation regarding GameplayTags by the time 4.15 comes out?
                          [Submitted] Advanced Data Validation

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
                            Could we get a confirmation whether or not we'll see some more documentation regarding GameplayTags by the time 4.15 comes out?
                            The documentation for Gameplay Tags will not yet be available by the time of the 4.15 release. They will be in progress and ready some time afterwards.

Cheers
                            Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by CleanCut View Post
                              The note said Engine compilation, not Project compilation. You may see some improvement w.r.t your project build times, but I believe the main win is for people who compile the engine themselves.

Comment

I had a brief look at using the Logitech G29 steering wheel (ps3/ps4/pc version, slider set to ps4/pc) with the Raw Input plugin.

I created a clean project with 4.15, enbled the plugin and restarted editor.

Then I started a PIE, opened console and ran: showdebug input

The numbers seem to indicate that it senses changes to (most) buttons and axis.
                                But when pressing and holding a button, I get like one frame where text shows a '1' for that button and then it goes back to '0'
                                Axis are also a bit finnicky in that the output changes when pressing pedals, but values are also only shown for a frame or so before returning to '0'

This was with and without drivers installed.

Is this intended behaviour?
                                Is there anything else I need to do?

When using the virtual joystick vJoy, the button is indicated as '1' until it is released and then it returns to '0'.

I have not put anything in DefaultInput.ini
                                Last edited by danjo133; 01-24-2017, 12:15 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Working...
                                X