Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal, when are you going to focus more on Paper2D improvements?

Comment

Did something change with the lighting in the 4.15 preview? Everything seems a little bit darker to me. I think my post processor is making the differences more apparent but it's still noticeable with it turned off. Here are 2 comparison screenshots between 4.14 and 4.15, one with my post processor on and one with it off: http://imgur.com/a/xpni5

Comment

Physical units for directional light, are they coming in this release??

Comment

Nativizing Blueprints!!! This is the best news ever!!! THX!!! I love U guys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kgamble View Post
            Did something change with the lighting in the 4.15 preview? Everything seems a little bit darker to me.
            Did you try to compare lighting with standard assets from Epic Games, on sample projects for instance?

You should then open an AnswerHub question with these screenshots to get a proper analysis and feedbacks fomr Epic.
            [Gamedev programmer at Darewise (Paris) - We are hiring]
            UE4 Git LFS 2.x Source Control Plugin 2.12-beta for UE4.22 - (v1 integrated by default in Beta status since UE4.7)
            UE4 Plastic SCM Source Control Plugin (1.4.5 for UE4.22)

Comment

Very nice!
              Founder & Lead Developer @ Far Frontier Studios
              My Website: https://theindiedev.com

Add me to your LinkedIN Network CLICK HERE!

Comment

Please tell me there will be some more documentation / training streams / examples of GameplayTags.

Comment

I'm unable to even launch this, it doesn't load past 0%. I added a bug report.

Comment

Originally posted by muchcharles View Post
                    I've heard talk that this change didn't make it into 4.15:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...28c95663ebb5be

But it is already in 4.14. Just wanted to make sure this doesn't get lost in the cracks.
                    Yeah, I hope it will be back in 4.15P2
                    Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                    Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Hi, I have some problems with new fontface stuff.
                      In my ps4 and xbox packages I've got a lot of warning of failed fontcache loading, this i the log:

GetFontFace failed to load or process '../../../../UnrealProjects/XXXXXX/Content/Fonts/dnc47_0_Default.ufont'

I think the problems are 2:
                      - the path is relative and with PC path (the XXXXXX folder is the game project one)
                      - the file created has .uasset extension and not the .ufont one

--EDIT--
                      I have just discovered that the ufont file is created in StageBuild directory
                      Last edited by drowne; 01-20-2017, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Gameplay Tags = Awesome !!!

MarketPlace Assets:|Time SHIFT| |Quick Gravity Tools|

{Time SHIFT Free Demo} |Quick Gravity Tools Free Demo| {Time SHIFT Forum Thread}

|Facebook| |Youtube| |E-mail|

Comment

Really funny how "include what you use" process, really seems like going backward when you look at it at first glance.

"Sometimes you got to go back to actually move forward"

If i were to import a couple GameWorks feature i've put together in 4.14.3 how painful would it be? It can still works with the legacy system right?
                          The dependancy between PhysX and all nvidia Gameworks is a kind of work i don't want any part of !

Last edited by MaximeDupart; 01-21-2017, 03:25 AM.
                          LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Does the change to a "include what you need" cose base model (as described in the post) mean that we shall not put our includes inside the .cpp file anymore, but rather into our header file? This would make forward declarations obsolete...

Comment

Originally posted by rYuxq View Post
                              Does the change to a "include what you need" cose base model (as described in the post) mean that we shall not put our includes inside the .cpp file anymore, but rather into our header file? This would make forward declarations obsolete...
                              Lol, i guess it means you put the actual content that you were about to include inside the actual file instead of in a header. There's some mystical read I/O stuff going on obviously if it's -20% compile time!
                              LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by xenthor View Post
                                Lol, i guess it means you put the actual content that you were about to include inside the actual file instead of in a header. There's some mystical read I/O stuff going on obviously if it's -20% compile time!
                                I kind of doubt that...
                                But maybe I didnt make myself clear, so let me try it again: It says that all header files include only the header files they need. This is something that we would usually do in the .cpp file since we would use forward declaration in the header files.

Comment

Working...
                                X