X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, you guys are FAST!

Comment

looking forward to these texture streaming updates, shall be appreciated!

Comment

This is great but where the UMG blur ui item

-m
        Check my games & tutorials !

Comment

Two rather significant bugs reported here:
          • Packaged builds insta-crash with access violations
          • Play/Standalone always resets the resolution to 1280x720 windowed, even when something else was requested.
          Creator of

and also

Comment

Looking forward to playing about with this!
            | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

"The codebase has been converted to a "include what you use" model, where every header includes other headers it needs, rather than every source file including large monolithic headers like Engine.h and UnrealEd.h. Existing game code can continue to include those files as before, but we measure the engine compiling 25-50% faster!"

LOVE IT!

Thanks guys!
              =========================

Protonwar - Your body is ready!

Comment

Originally posted by mamoniem View Post
                This is great but where the UMG blur ui item

-m
                It's there, it just didn't make it into the release notes for this preview build (which is my fault). Look for the background blur widget in umg.

Comment

Dying to see support for proper rendering of video textures from sequencer. Have been waiting for that one a long time and still hoping. Any news?

Comment

Great update however I am dissapointed that "Added support for compiling dedicated Server and Client targets for Rocket build." didn't make it in, is there any chance this can be wedged in before release as I think this is a hugely important and currently missing feature

Comment

No love for UE-34623

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-34623

It means that my volume rendering solution that uses the inbuilt volumetric shadow maps will have to wait...

Actually any static mesh that uses volumetric shadow maps are still broken.
                      Visual Effects Artist, Weta Digital, Wellington New Zealand
                      BLOG www.danielelliott.co.uk
                      @danielelliott3d https://twitter.com/danielelliott3d
                      Unreal Engine and VFX Tutorials https://www.youtube.com/user/DokipenTechTutorials
                      2015 Showreel: https://vimeo.com/116917817

Comment

The texture streamer can now automatically fit to different memory budgets, without manual tweaks. The streamer will select which textures need to be reduced using different heuristics to minimize visual impact.
                        I'm guessing this means we wont need to play with the default engine.ini or command lines for streaming pool size anymore?

Comment

I've heard talk that this change didn't make it into 4.15:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...28c95663ebb5be

But it is already in 4.14. Just wanted to make sure this doesn't get lost in the cracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            It's there, it just didn't make it into the release notes for this preview build (which is my fault). Look for the background blur widget in umg.
                            Idk why the forums doesn't have a dancing Smiley face

Thanks for the heads up, once the download is done, I'll give it a try, I was so interested when I saw it during the live stream. It really saves a HUGE work around that I was counting on for a while.

-m
                            Check my games & tutorials !

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                              Yeah I made that, thanks! I just thought, why just say what I wanna say (that its awesome) if I could also say it without words, just using that exact feature.
                              LOL John

Comment

Originally posted by Zireael07 View Post
                                What does the vehicle code moving into plugin mean for a existing mixed (cpp+blueprints) project centered on vehicles? How much work should I brace myself for when 4.15 gets stable?
                                Hopefully it should be a pretty easy transition. The plugin is enabled by default, but if you are using vehicle classes in C++ you will need to add a dependency to the PhysXVehicle module to your Build.cs file, so the build system knows about it. The only thing that might need manual work is converting from TireType to TireConfig assets. Here are my draft notes on the topic:

Note: a manual step is required if you want to migrate old ‘TireType’ assets (deprecated in Engine) to the new ‘TireConfig’ assets (defined in the new PhysXVehicles plugin). There is a new console command available in the UE4 Editor that will do this for you - simply summon the console and enter ‘ConvertTireTypes’. This will create new TireConfig assets, copy over properties, and assign them to any VehicleWheel Blueprints. The old TireType assets can then be removed.

In the old system the PhysicalMaterial had a list of TireTypes and their friction scale. Now the TireConfig has a list of PhysicalMaterials with friction scale for each. This is because Engine (which contains the PhysicalMaterial class) cannot depend on classes in the PhysXVehicles plugin.
                                Lead Programmer - UE4 Animation/Physics/Audio Team - Epic Games
                                Twitter: @EpicJamesG

Comment

Working...
                                X