Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff! Epic never fail to deliver fantastic updates.

Comment

What does the vehicle code moving into plugin mean for a existing mixed (cpp+blueprints) project centered on vehicles? How much work should I brace myself for when 4.15 gets stable?

Comment

Will try this asap, very excited as usual
        UE4 Git LFS 2.x Source Control Plugin v2.3 for UE4.17 - (v1 integrated by default in Beta status since UE4.7)
        UE4 Plastic SCM Source Control Plugin (1.0.4 for UE4.17)
        PayPal me a beer to support my work

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
          VR Updates:
          • (Experimental) Monoscopic Far Field Rendering for mobile VR is available for testing. With content that has many distant objects, this can benefit performance. To enable, select the checkbox under Project Settings -> Rendering -> VR. We don’t currently support both mobile multi-view and monoscopic far field simultaneously and mobile HDR needs to be disabled.
          This sounds great, but why limit it to mobile VR? PC VR could benefit from this too.

- Dave
          Latest Demo, Turtle VR: http://www.turtlevr.com
          Mobile VR Jam 2015 Entry: Circumpaint
          VR game, Here Come The Dead: http://www.herecomethedead.com/
          Main web site: http://www.gnometech.com/

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post

Haha oh wow, did you make that? Really cool
            Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
            How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
            Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
              So, no ARM64 for Android ?
              That's already in and has been for a while now (I'm not sure what version off the top of my head), but it's in the project settings.
              Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
              How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
              Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Have you guys yet fixed the issue with UMG buttons, which causes them to not "unhover" after performing a drag & drop operation? Quick example:

Inventory with 2 buttons (A and B) -> drag an item from A to B and drop it there. Button A remains on "hovered" state.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
                  Haha oh wow, did you make that? Really cool
                  Yeah I made that, thanks! I just thought, why just say what I wanna say (that its awesome) if I could also say it without words, just using that exact feature.
                  Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                  Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Woohoo!! New and shiny things to play with and distract from things i need to be doing ^_^
                    Twitter - @TheKRushin

Feel free to ask questions and come learn to be an #UnrealDev

How to report a Bug

Comment

BtC is ready yay
                      | Finite State Machine | Object-Pool Plugin | Auto-Save Plugin | Anti-Cheat Plugin |

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                        [*]Build Updates:[LIST][*]The codebase has been converted to a "include what you use" model, where every header includes other headers it needs, rather than every source file including large monolithic headers like Engine.h and UnrealEd.h. Existing game code can continue to include those files as before, but we measure the engine compiling 25-50% faster!
                        Very nice! Always improving. UE4 rocks! =D

About the Build compiling 25-50% faster, I'm no programmer, but recently I've been concerning about the compile times. Does that mean in general the engine is able to compile 25-50% faster, or just in specific situations? Because if it is the engine overall, this is HUUUUGE, isn't it? =D

Comment

Again...nice work!

Thanks Epic

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Florencio View Post
                            About the Build compiling 25-50% faster, I'm no programmer, but recently I've been concerning about the compile times. Does that mean in general the engine is able to compile 25-50% faster, or just in specific situations? Because if it is the engine overall, this is HUUUUGE, isn't it? =D
                            It is C++ compilations. It is not a performance increase..

Comment

Love the blueprint and compilation changes!
                              any idea when map & sets will support replication?

Comment

Well, time to try this release to see if the PSVR is fully supported yet...

Comment

Working...
                                X