This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rYuxq View Post

By the way: Is there a releaste date for 4.15 already?
    literally a few scrolls up buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Luos View Post
      literally a few scrolls up buddy
      Sorry, I thought I read the whole 6th page but aparrently, I skipped a few one liner posts... Thanks!

Comment

Looks like rendering of glowing stuff is weird now. (even if the last one is intended, it is broken for my purposes... i need to workaround that now <.<)
        Last edited by Yaeko; 02-11-2017, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaeko View Post
          Looks like rendering of glowing stuff is weird now. (even if the last one is intended, it is broken for my purposes... i need to workaround that now <.<)
          I am struggling with the same problem - according to this answerhub thread about the tonemapperfilm default change where I asked this question, the bloom default values have been changed to be more physically realistic. I am looking forward to the major release notes that will hopefully explain the changes in more detail, and what can be done to replicate the 4.14 behaviour.

I am not aware from access to the bloom settings apart from postprocess volumes. So if I may ask, how do you work around that? Changing the materials themselves?
          Last edited by necspenecmetu; 02-11-2017, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Having a big problem with 4.15P4 and Daydream not rendering anything. Can easily reproduce it with the FirstPersonTemplate and filed a bug report here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...plate-and.html

It did not occur before the Google SDK was updated in 4.15 and does not occur in Google's 4.14 branch

Many thanks in advance for any info!
            Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Mobile VR Game: We Come In Peace... Oculus GearVR | Google Play Daydream | Pico Goblin

Comment

Originally posted by necspenecmetu View Post
              So if I may ask, how do you work around that? Changing the materials themselves?
              I just turned down the Strength of the glow, but you never get rid completely of the wrong colors.

I had lasers that were

Red
              Green
              Blue

and after the patch they were

Orange
              Light Green
              Purple

I could not get back my old colors, but i got somewhat close to, with material and Emitter-changes.

Comment

hmm, someone might want to look into https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...fects-ano.html and hope it gets fixed for 4.15

Comment

I am a bit worried after reading about all these color issues. I dont have that deep understanding of the issue but Epic, is it really desirable to force things to be realistic when many games need colors to be unrealistic but nice and bright ? I don't see reason why to break something when it is already working great. Can someone point me to some thread or article which would explain reasons behind these changes ?

Comment

Originally posted by Yaeko View Post
                    I could not get back my old colors, but i got somewhat close to, with material and Emitter-changes.
                    I assume you tried the console command r.TonemapperFilm 0 ? I don't have problems with the colors, but rather the bloom intensity.

Comment

It would appear 4.15 is out.
                      George Rolfe.
                      Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Uh, that might have been a temporary glitch. The Launcher did say 4.15.0 without the "Preview" indicator. But clicking to install it says 4.15.0 Preview 4, and now the drop-down says 4.15.0 Preview 4.
                        Last edited by christopheraugustus; 02-12-2017, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I have found that the newly supported customStencil has broken on mobile:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...on-mobile.html

Comment

I too would like to know all steps how to make it exactly look like in the last version (4.14). Setting r.TonemapperFilm to 0 and tweaking bloom is not enough to get the old look back as is described in https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-in-415p1.html . The whole scene but especially exponential height fog looks extremely overexposed. Tweaking the exposure setting in post process setting does not result in the old look.

Comment

Originally posted by christopheraugustus View Post
                              Uh, that might have been a temporary glitch. The Launcher did say 4.15.0 without the "Preview" indicator. But clicking to install it says 4.15.0 Preview 4, and now the drop-down says 4.15.0 Preview 4.
                              There is a glitch with the Launcher that may cause it to occasionally drop the "Preview" text. We are looking into it.

Cheers
                              Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

is there an ETA for final version of 4.15?
                                Email: tessaro.unrealdeveloper@hotmail.com
                                BP/C++ Programmer.
                                WIP Portfolio: https://filipetessaro.wixsite.com/portfolio

Comment

Working...
                                X