Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is UE-41298 fixed? Checked the status seems fix?

Comment

Originally posted by dizzynoob View Post
      Is UE-41298 fixed? Checked the status seems fix?
      The fix didn't make it into Preview 3. But should be fixed in Preview 4 next week.
      Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Tried 4.15.3.
        What just happened with Desired Max Draw Distance?
        I've opened my map and everything started to cull too early. I had a map made from large merged meshes and finely adjusted Desired Max Draw Distance per mesh. In 4.15 Max Draw Distance seems to work differently. It feels like it takes distance not to mesh center but to furthest boundary of mesh, something like that. As a result, meshes began to disappear at noticeably shorter distance than before. Apparently, I can re-adjust Max Draw Distance per mesh with bigger values, but... why did this happen, anyway?

Is this a designed change? Was draw distance being incorrectly treated in 4.14? Or is it a bug?

Filed a bug: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ed-in-415.html
        Last edited by diamond3; 02-01-2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond3 View Post
          Tried 4.15.3.
          What just happened with Desired Max Draw Distance?
          I've opened my map and everything started to culling to early. I had a map made from large merged meshes and finely adjusted Desired Max Draw Distance per mesh. In 4.15 Max Draw Distance seemed to work differently. It feels like it takes distance not to mesh center but to furthest boundary of mesh, something like that. As a result, meshed start to appear at noticeably shorter distance than before. Apparently, I can re-adjust Max Draw Distance per mesh for bigger values, but... why did it happen, anyway?

Is this a designed change? Was draw distance being incorrectly treated in 4.14? Or is it a bug?
          You should really file a bug report on AnswerHub.

Comment

Awesome, thank you so much! You guys fixed every issue I needed <3 <3

Comment

Originally posted by NiekPixelpool View Post
              I realy hope 4.15 has the promised Datatable variables when it comes out of preview phase!
              I just want to draw some more attention to this. A lot of us have been waiting on it since forever. Data tables are way less useful without it.
              Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
              Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
              |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Posted a few small things on the answerhub, but there are two things I am not sure how or where to post..
                So I think its best to post it here to potentially discuss or let Ellis decide weather its worth a post.

"On ctrl + b browser pops up auto-selecting the material/emitter/etc you where working in.
                An editor option to disable this and just pop up with last selected in content browser would make my workflow much better."

"Selecting constant curve in cascade’s distribution created a collapsed empty version, workflow would dictate it to be open. (could save me a few hundred if not more clicks a day)
                (seems semi-random, or I dont see the logic)"

Comment

someone please help this In-App Purchase issue on iOS which didn't happened on 4.14.3, once open project in 4.15 IAP not working anymore!
                  https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...in-415-p2.html
                  Last edited by dizzynoob; 02-02-2017, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                    The fix didn't make it into Preview 3. But should be fixed in Preview 4 next week.
                    Hi! I've downloaded 4.15 Preview 3 and try to launch to iOS seems to be fixed! Thanks a lot.

Comment

Is physical units for directional light intensity going to be added in 4.15?

Comment

I have 4.15 preview 3 compiled on Linux, and UE-40736 (in fixed-list for this preview) appears to be broken still? I did a quick scan of the git commit log, and I dont see it in any of the commits for 4.15-preview3 (unless I biffed somehow with the command line tools).

Thanks,

jonbitzen

Comment

Fails packaging 'Daydream & Cardboard' app in 4.15.3. Error messages:
                          [aapt] D:\github\memory\Intermediate\Android\APK\bin\AndroidManifest.xml:4: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'enableVrMode' in package 'android'
                          [aapt] D:\github\memory\Intermediate\Android\APK\bin\AndroidManifest.xml:4: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'resizeableActivity' in package 'android'

Looks like it is trying to use Android N features.
                          Cardboard-only build completes but crashes on device.

In 4.14.3 it was possible to build such app for android-21.
                          So far, this renders 4.15.3 unusable for me I have Android 6 on my phone.
                          Last edited by diamond3; 02-02-2017, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Set the Android SDK Level to android-24 in the Android SDK project settings, but leave NDK level at android-21. Set your target SDK to 21, not 24. This will fix the compile error. Also make sure you install SDK Platform 24 with SDK Manager (only 19 and 21 are installed by default by Codework for Android).

Comment

Have anybody experienced problems with MultiThreading?
                              Testing source build of 4.15 now, from preview 1 to 3 frunnable Run() is called on null object in Development builds (debug build works ok).

Trying to make a test project.

UPD: no, that was my bug sorry.
                              Last edited by Yata; 02-04-2017, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jonbitzen View Post
                                I have 4.15 preview 3 compiled on Linux, and UE-40736 (in fixed-list for this preview) appears to be broken still? I did a quick scan of the git commit log, and I dont see it in any of the commits for 4.15-preview3 (unless I biffed somehow with the command line tools).

Thanks,

jonbitzen
                                It seems that the fix was a content update (not code change) to the Kite demo, so this wouldn't be reflected in Git source code. If you need to make changes locally in your own project, all you should have to do is un-check "Used with skeletal mesh" on the affected materials.

Cheers
                                Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                                X