This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone,

I have had issues since updating to 4.14.1 before i was just fine , character has a transparent body sections you can see through , and distortion in the up right corner of epic launcher the little box showing download progress .

Also Stuck in a loop when downloading the engine and epic tutorial projects (i.e reflections project) ,i have to pause the downloads ,close and restart then continue downloading several times so that the download process is completed .

i want to attach pictures of the issues from my hard drive but you don't have the option in the posts you only allow URLs , how to attach pictures from hard drive with the posts.

if any response thank you in advance .

Comment

Originally posted by Chris.Bunner View Post
      That's a good way to look at it Luos, thanks for the feedback. Following your post I've tried to add tooltip information to most of the new nodes and moving forward I agree, we should make more of an effort to have clearer tooltips and documentation for all nodes if possible.
      And I thank you for that!! the effort is really appreciated!

I wish there was an easier way for us non-coder/scrippies to be able and change stuff like that. See a typo? have a button or option somewhere to suggest edits/fix typo's.
      I know its wishful thinking for now though

but.. with the help of a coder buddy/budette I could go for engine contributor and change a typo

Comment

Originally posted by KVogler View Post
        Nice
        While you are at it, consider thisone as well

-The tooltip for the 3Dto1DIndex node is just a paste copy of the 2D version.

-The tooltip for the GenerateBands node reads "the higher the V value, the more bands"
        This is depending on the direction switch and only true for the default direction. It should be noted that, if direction is reversed, U will control the band count.
        Noted! Anything that's a standard node is pretty trivial to fix but any material function is a little harder (blue node that you can open up). Those are typically assets which need to be re-saved and checked in, so we're a little too late to push those fixes in for 4.15. I'll try and get these updated today though so they should still make 4.16 (This goes for the material functions Luos pointed out too)!

Comment

Originally posted by mairsil View Post
          Well, time to try this release to see if the PSVR is fully supported yet...
          Could you elaborate? We're about to start porting to PSVR.

Comment

Can't elaborate here, but you can view some of the topics in the private subforum.
            PouncingKitten Games, LLC
            http://www.pouncingkitten.com

Comment

Can this issue be prioritized to be fixed?
              It's about emissive colors rendered incorrectly(Instead of blue color you get purple and etc) if blue value is higher than 1.
              I thinks it's REALLY important if certain emissive colors can't be rendered properly and basically useless now.
              In my SuperGrid project some colors are shifted and I have to manually set incorrect values in order to render it =/
              There are other tricks to avoid this issue, but IMHO just rendering a blue color should not be a problem in engine
              SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
              Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Originally posted by Luos View Post
                Because every node in the material editor should be documented.
                It doesn't matter if I know what it does, It matters that everyone who doesn't know what it does learns what it does.
                Agree 100%... Documentation could use some love...inside and outside of the editor. Its good, but it could be better.

teak
                "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
                  Can this issue be prioritized to be fixed?
                  It's about emissive colors rendered incorrectly(Instead of blue color you get purple and etc) if blue value is higher than 1.
                  I thinks it's REALLY important if certain emissive colors can't be rendered properly and basically useless now.
                  In my SuperGrid project some colors are shifted and I have to manually set incorrect values in order to render it =/
                  There are other tricks to avoid this issue, but IMHO just rendering a blue color should not be a problem in engine
                  This is definitely an issue for us too, as we have large emissive values on the atmopshere of planets. What was a light friendly blue is now purplish white.

It's basically a blocking issue for us.
                  Helium Rain, a realistic space opera

Comment

Originally posted by Chris.Bunner View Post
                    Noted! Anything that's a standard node is pretty trivial to fix but any material function is a little harder (blue node that you can open up). Those are typically assets which need to be re-saved and checked in, so we're a little too late to push those fixes in for 4.15. I'll try and get these updated today though so they should still make 4.16 (This goes for the material functions Luos pointed out too)!
                    There's an issue with some node comments but these are not material nodes but blueprint nodes. When you drag from a string output, nodes like "left" and "leftchop" show empty comments. you only know what these do when you create the node and check the return value comment.
                    0xAFBF
                    https://github.com/0xafbf

Comment

Any reason why building lighting in 4.15 is now 60% slower then all other previous versions?
                      Blog

Portfolio

https://www.pinterest.com/robertakbrown/

Comment

Almost positive this isn't the place for it but I love BSP brushes. They're so easy to prototype with and export out to 3D modeling programs. This issue has been plaguing me since 4.13 (and possibly prior but I wasn't using them as much before 4.13).

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-to-crash.html

This isn't a reported bug but I've reproduced it on 3 computers (1 being a laptop with 512GB VRAM and an integrated NVIDIA graphics chip so it's an odd case admittedly) all with a new project. So I'm rather confident that it's reproducible but a little surprised that no one else has reported it / encountered it. Just trying to bring a little more attention to something I feel is pretty important to my work in the engine. Nonetheless I look forward to 4.15! (:

Comment

Originally posted by synok View Post
                          Will you add "Use Quaternion Interpolation" settings to sequencer soon? If camera exceeds 179 degrees, it flips to -180? Kinda spins around once.
                          or some sort of euler filter

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                            We are looking into updating the GoogleVR plugin for 4.15.

The Oculus SDK will not be updated for 4.15.

Cheers
                            Please confirm that you'll update GoogleVRController plugin too. In 4.13-googlevr branch this plugin has full support of GoogleVRMotionControllerComponent with properly positioned and calibrated controller's static mesh, laser indicator and selecting actors (https://developers.google.com/vr/unreal/arm-model). The same plugin in 4.14 is crippled.

Comment

This is slightly annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by RBrown View Post
                                Any reason why building lighting in 4.15 is now 60% slower then all other previous versions?
                                I hope it is just temporary, do you have more info about that?
                                tox.chat - Skype alternative
                                blender.org - 3D suite

Comment

Working...
                                X