July 10 livestream: Unreal Engine 4.3 Preview and Rendering Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 10 livestream: Unreal Engine 4.3 Preview and Rendering Update

On this week’s Unreal Engine livestream broadcast, Unreal Engine General Manager, Ray Davis, and Sr. Environment Artist Ryan Brucks give a preview of 4.3, Tech Writer Lauren Ridge gives us a documentation update, we'll have a rendering update and more!

WHAT
    Twitch stream: Unreal Engine 4.3 Preview and Rendering Update and more!

WHEN
    2pm EDT

WHERE
    www.twitch.tv/unrealengine

WHO
    Ray Davis, GM
    Ryan Brucks, Sr. Environment Artist
    Lauren Ridge, Technical Writer
    Guest appearances TBD

Tell us what you want to know about 4.3, documentation, the rendering update and anything else in this thread!

Here are the Community Spotlight content pieces for this week!:
    GREAT content from Petit Con, which was a game jam held in Japan last week – here are a couple of examples:
    Matetester
    Frozen Cell
    3D vs. Dot
    Tappy Chicken “2”

Also, there are a few new examples on our forums we wanted to spotlight:
    The Mustang Project
    FTC's Adventure Kit
    Quadcopter Flight Trainer

Hi guys! The youtube video from the stream is up!

http://youtu.be/BWXBkV_C8Zs
    Last edited by [EPIC] Flak; 07-11-2014, 09:14 PM.
    Stacey Conley
    -----------------------------
    Unreal Tournament Community Manager
    Epic Games, Inc.

Hi R, R, and L,

Per the Speedtree integration, will trees added via the foliage tool have collision?

Thanks,
    -D

Comment

I'm curious about the rendering update. Is it the distance field AO and skylight GI or something we dont know about yet? Always a reason to get excited about the stream.
      FREE VR Drum Kit Project
      FREE Color LUT Collection
      FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
      FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
      Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
      Camera Crossfade

Comment

Is it the distance field AO and skylight GI
        Mostly those, yes

Comment

After the 4.3 update could the team gather and share some info on upcoming features for the 4.4, 4.5, 4.6 time frame? Just as a state of progress on the major upcoming features. Just a thought.
          Mike "Z"
          UI / Game Designer
          LinkedIn

Comment

if we keep going like this we will have unreal engine 5 out soon lol

so are we going to see true mmorpg coming out every soon with no headaches?
            David J Harmon

Comment

Originally posted by mikezteh69 View Post
              After the 4.3 update could the team gather and share some info on upcoming features for the 4.4, 4.5, 4.6 time frame? Just as a state of progress on the major upcoming features. Just a thought.
              I think this would be a great idea. It's hard for me to comment on what should be done with the engine when I don't even know what the team is working on. Now if you have to keep something a secret then do so. Just give us a general idea of where you are headed

Comment

Here we go:
                • With these new API as iOS Metal and Android Expansion Pack is capable of restrictions on Materials, Textures, Content andPerfomance disappear or diminish?
                • There are plans to update the UDK Remote? Any chance of a version for Android?
                • Is there any remote possibility in the future for games for Mac are exported from Windows and vice versa?
                • Any chance of being displayed some small preview of the Sequencer or Cascade 2.0?
                • Any chance of having something like the "Time of Day" natively?

Thank you, and congratulations to the entire team from the Unreal Engine, for bringing us this wonderful tool.
                [Compatibility List] Unreal 4 - Hardware Feedback (Leave your feedback on how the Unreal runs on your computer)

Comment

Well, those features haven't been created yet =)

The engine roadmap is here and you can vote on things you want. Items being on the roadmap is not a guarantee for the feature, it just means that we want to investigate it in the next few months.
                  https://trello.com/b/gHooNW9I/ue4-roadmap

Comment

Will we need to still install several items to get HTML 5 to work with this build? How much closer are we to being able to go down that path?

Comment

Any chance of getting my Free Blueprints book and upcoming GameDev book (Covering making games from start to finish with Unreal Engine 4) a shout-out on the Stream? I want to help as many people as possible find the resources so they can enjoy them!

The free Blueprints E-Book: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...6929#post76929

The "So You Want To Make Video-Games?" Campaign [Free Book for Children, Adults and Elders! My Mission to get the book in front of everybody via Libraries, the Internet and more!] (Thanks again Mark Rein for the generous contribution!): http://bit.ly/SoYouWantToMakeVG

Thanks guys 'n gals <3
                      KITATUS
                      "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Originally posted by DavidJHarmon View Post
                        if we keep going like this we will have unreal engine 5 out soon lol

so are we going to see true mmorpg coming out every soon with no headaches?
                        Well, that's not how software versioning works, the "." is not a decimal, it's a separator. After 4.9 we'll most likely see 4.10 and so on.
                        The first number is the major version, then updates (4.3 for example) and last hotfixes (4.2.1 for example).

Comment

Is there a chance for parallax corrected and higher res reflection captures to be implemented in the not too distant future?
                          ArtStation

Comment

Please create the on-line UE4 database for assets:
                            characters
                            materials
                            objects
                            plugins

plugins to add:
                            midi i-o
                            osc i-o
                            dmx i-o
                            data connection (SQL)
                            video in from external boards, cams or streams (e.g. Sony playroom)
                            mpg4 video playback

regards

Comment

The level browser update looks great. My question is regarding procedural use of this browser. I would like to be spawn a map into a streaming level, have it save that information, and then load and unload that streaming level as normal as if I had manually placed it there, which I spent a week or two attempting without any success.

Will this update, or future updates allow for procedural spawning of objects and terrains into these levels during runtime?
                              Map Generator 1.0
                              Map Generator 2.0
                              Map Generator 3.0

Comment

Working...
                              X