ZOMBIE RAID | Top Down Multiplayer

Thanks for keeping us updated on your game “Zombie Raid” for all these years! It’s looking great, and I can tell your team has put a lot of effort into making this game the best it can be.

Fantastic work again, and I am looking forward to seeing the release of the finished project! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Zezkaii !!
We really hope that we will finish it soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, you could use gamepad joystick to conrol crosschair and character, but menu navigation is not done yet.

Soon, as in this year possibly? :eyes:

We will do our best to release this year :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hey @KirillT,

Sorry to bump in on this conversation but I adore the theme you’re going for with your game. It seems you guys have a clear direction you’re all aiming for and beyond that, the game itself looks spectacular. (Coming from someone with a phobia of all zombies, please take this as the highest of praise)

I’m stoked to see this as it develops and can’t wait to see what all you bring to the zombie genre!

Sending lots of support,
Panda

1 Like

No pressure, of course! I was simply asking about the possibility of releasing this year. :laughing: Keep up the great work!

1 Like

We getting closer to the release, mean early access )

1 Like
1 Like

While the gameplay looks insane, incredible, and genuinely fun, I don’t think I’d be very good at playing. :smiling_face_with_tear:

How did the playtest go? :eyes:

Absolutely, PvP can be challenging, but thanks to matchmaking, players will be matched according to their ratings.
In additional the COOP mode will be awesome, we will launch a HORDE mode, where players must survive as long as possible, right after Early Access released.
For the full release, we plan to have a some STORYLINE with SINGLE/COOP modes.

The server setup is nearly complete.
We plan to run internal tests in the coming days, and if OK, a playtest for all subscribers will be launched shortly.
Worried about US players, at the moment, due to a lack of funds, servers are located only in Germany.

1 Like

Do different game modes encompass other ranking systems when it comes to matchmaking? I.E., is ranked mode based on skilled-based matchmaking, and public game modes lack that basis, or is skilled-based matchmaking etched through all game modes? :thinking:

While I’m sure the U.S. players won’t be too happy about playing on such a far-away server, I’m sure the faithful supporters won’t mind. Full sail ahead to server setup completion! :raised_hands:

As we have squad combat and deathmatch at this moment we utilize one system which take in account your K/D ratio. Also if your team loose match but you are 1st in your team, you didn’t get much penalty on you “battle rank”
Until early access we will make duel game mode using same system. Also it take into account your character progression but not much. So if you are really good at the game from 1st level you will play with best players after 8 matches.

There is a case where we can mix good and bad skill players when matchmaker trying to make teams but there lack of players in the game. And if you invite your friend you will have sum of your rank divided by two.

Servers: we will test load of server, and how much matches with full teams it can handle. We will play with people and increase load until we start to feel freezes. If we let US players play on their servers we cant test everything. But we see that most of our testers wish to play from US.
On next week we will make decision cause we implement multi regional servers already.

1 Like

Utilizing one system under these initial circumstances makes sense, and I completely understand your decision! I’ve wish-listed “Zombie Raid” and requested access to the playtest; hopefully, I can join the testing phase. :tada:

Congratulations on making it this far in your development journey @KirillT! :grin:

The playtest is not public yet,
but EU and US servers are up.
If someone wants to try, here are the STEAM keys:

8KD6G-JYK4H-WHPM0
XL975-I2VN0-QQYP9
7Z945-PFCWC-4JXWZ
6VFBP-0IG0M-RNJVR
ACFCZ-AM7ZQ-JB3B6
AYMRJ-DRAQ7-NZ3BK

1 Like

This is awesome news; thanks for sharing some keys! I’ll let you know what I think as soon as I try it out. :partying_face:

For reference, I have used the first key. :smiley:

8KD6G-JYK4H-WHPM0 :white_check_mark:

Playtest will last 2-3 days
We’d greatly appreciate your assistance to check network performance.