XBox Controllers Don't Work

Hey everyone,

I’ve been working in Unreal for around a year and a half, and I’ve always had one problem: controllers don’t work. I’ve seen there are a lot of forums already about the controllers doing nothing or not receiving input, but this is different. It receives input, but it’s all bugged out. You gently tap the stick, and the camera flies around like crazy (even if you adjust settings or sensitivity, it’s always moves at the same speed). It also sometimes receives input where none exists. I can sometimes set the controller on the table and just watch as it “presses every button.” It also goes back and forth every few frames on whether or not the latest input was from a gamepad or a keyboard, because my UI keeps switching back and forth without me pressing any buttons.

This is NOT a project issue. It isn’t even specifically a 5.1 issue. This has happened on every version of the engine since the first UE5 early access. It isn’t my controller, either, because I just replaced that, and I’m still having the same problem. It even happens in my final builds, not just the editor, so I can’t deal with it anymore. Does anyone else know anything about this?

Thanks guys,
Tyler