Would anyone help me with something small please? :)

I’ve been working recently on getting Link, from LoZ; Windwaker into unreal 4, just for fun, and as a learning process. I currently want to implement it so when i jump, The image for the mouth gets changed.

I have no idea where to start, with that though. I would assume set up a notify on the animation, and somehow tell it to switch, then set up a notify to switch it back?

One last thing, I’d like to implement proper physics to his hat. I don’t even know where to start at all for that, though.

://i.imgur/ddgKK8z.jpg
Screenshot with different mouth materials.

You should be able to use a parameter to blend between the 2 textures as long as they’re the same with the only difference being the mouth being opened or close. It’s on my “to do” list of things I want to learn so I’ll mess around and see if I can find out how to do it. If anyone else knows please post because It would really help!

Someone on Reddit suggested using “Set Material” since the mouth is a separate mesh ontop of the face. I was down to do that, but I wouldn’t don’t have a clue on how to set it up. Everything I tried didn’t work.

You surely use the 3rd person template? -> there you should see the jump action in the character bp - event graph. There you just have to get a reference to your character mesh + use a set material node: