World 2 Tanks Vol. 1 - Saddle up, Boys.

Hello, thanks for the kind words!

I model the Sherman in Blender, Micaki is using 3ds Max for the Tiger.

We haven’t fully decided yet if and how to rig and animate the tanks, especially the tracks, but we are looking into it.

More updates coming soon!

Blender & 3DS Max.

The answer regarding rigging and animations is slightly difficult to answer. These assets are being developed for production. They’re going to be used in our open-world survival World 2 game at the same time they’re being sold on the Marketplace so eventually they’re going to have to be rigged and animated. But depending on the budget at hand that may not be done immediately.

The big issue we’re having is deciding on pricing in general. We don’t know how much to charge. If you were to have any one of these tanks created by a freelancer, these could easily cost somewhere in the realm of $7500 each. Probably more. If we add rigging and animations into the bundle that number goes up significantly. Probably around $11000 per rigged and animated game-ready tank. These aren’t intended to be speedy knock-offs intended to get your money and leave you with a sub-par asset for your project. These are highly detailed next-generation AAA assets that will immediately give your project credibility with customers the same way we hope that it will give credibility to our own World 2 game.

We’re reviewing Turbosquid right now to see how much tanks sell for over there. The ones you get from there are neither rigged nor animated nor PBR. So when these are done, considering the extra work that goes into making these tanks game-ready for your project, we’ll probably charge somewhere in the same neighborhood for what the market is asking for these tanks without animations. With animations things will only get more expensive considering the overhead. We’ll have to see what makes sense for the market.

Rigging the basic wheels and tracks is really easy and takes about 15 minutes. You wouldn’t animate a tank through, atleast if you were going to use physics to drive everything, and in that case it would be difficult to know how to rig it because peoples method of getting them operational in game would probably differ depending on how they are doing it.

I’d make sure the wheels and suspension arms are all separate objects though…

My credit card is hardening with anticipation!

Another update.

That looks phenomenal, excellent work.

Is there any information on a release time frame?

Also what type of LOD work will come with these?

hnng..png

This is looking absolutely fantastic. Really looking forward to the end result. The marketplace is in dire need of a WW2 package, and so far you are carrying the torch quite well. Keep it up, i love me some good art!

Tiger tank high poly is finished, you can see more images on my artstation https://www.artstation.com/artwork/pzkpfw-vi-ausf-h1-tiger

Test bakes in marmoset viewer, with around 1k normal map, final texture is going to be much bigger :smiley:
https://www.artstation.com/embed/1301860

Great thread that I’ll want keep watching. Hope to see more!

Any updates?

Are you guys still planning to release these?