Working Volume Slider All In Blueprint [No Plugins!]

I searched and couldn’t find anyone that had actually posted a tutorial for this and I’ve seen a few people ask for it. So, here it goes.

What this tutorial will teach you to do: Play a sound when the users mouse cursor is hovered over a button and allow you to change it’s volume with a slider.
–I’m not 100% sure but this may work with other sounds that are used in other blueprints that you can cast to. You will probably have to make the volume a variable, like this tutorial shows.

Most of this tutorial will be images. If you’re having a problems viewing them, right click and click Open in New Tab. If that doesn’t help, let me know and I’ll type it up(if I have to :smiley: ).

Step 1. First, make a widget. Mine is my Main Menu.

Step 2. You’ll need to find the highest and lowest X and Y values for the button

Step 3.

Step 4. Make sure you select a sound to play.

Step 5.

Step 6.

And that’s it! We’re done, YAY!

Just an FYI, I only did this as a proof of concept. I’ll eventually try to work it into other sound sources (ie. music, ambient sounds, ect.). That will have to wait until I get there though. Need to get back to my project.

Let me know if you have any questions.

You should look into SoundClasses and SoundMixes. Doing it this way is going to be very painful when you start working with hundreds of sounds.