Where can I find documentation on the order of operations in the animation pipeline?

There are a few things I’d like to know more about in the unreal engine morph target animation pipeline. So a pointer to any detailed documentation on the intended order of operations would be great. Let me list out specifically what I’m seeing perhaps that will help me get pointed in the right direction.

It seems that using SetMorphTarget in an animation blueprint event graph sets the morph target value in the AnimInstance. Then when that value is applied in the frame (SkeletalMeshComponent.cpp:671 inside TickComponent) it is later possibly overridden by any value that would come from the animation curves (SkeletalMeshComponent.cpp:1356 inside ApplyAnimationCurvesToComponent). I am not seeing any way to mask the curves coming from the currently playing animation so they will not override the value applied with SetMorphTarget. Is there a way to do that?

Also the way FAnimationRuntime::AppendActiveVertexAnims is interesting in the way that it applies the morph target values. It only applies the new value if it is greater than the old value. This prevents any override of the morph target value with a lower value and there are other checks which pull out any zero value morph target. This prevents being able to remove a morph target’s contribution entirely. Can you shed any light on why the pipeline has been configured in this manner or what is the intended work flow?

Let me bump this, I also want to know more about the animation classes.