What's the perfect for UE4?

Earlier this year I asked what I should save up for and mostly everybody suggested this:

ASUS ROG G751JY-DB72 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop, Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M Graphics (G-SYNC) ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YR6BNVS/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_gKl1vbYB8RTB8 )

My next paycheck I will have enough to purchase this laptop. So my question is is this still great for UE4? Is there a newer better model? Or is there a better out now?

So my question is is this still great for UE4?
[/QUOTE]

yep, the ASUS ROG is still one of the best laptops for UE4.

there are better versions out there with more RAM or a better CPU but you need to ask yourself if you really need a more powerful version then the one in your link.

there are some that are just as good or better, for example I have an that has slightly higher specs so it would have very similar or even maybe a little better performance.

Do you know if these lap tops run Oculus? Please let me know!

Sorry but I have no idea. What are the preferred specs to run Oculus?

The Lenovo Y50 is pretty good. My friends have had them and they always recommend them to people looking for gaming laptops

Now here are some selections that i was looking at myself
http://pc4u.org/best-gaming-laptops-under-1000-dollars/

Are these laptops just good for gaming? Because I am going to use my for developing purposes only and do little to no gaming at all.

It will run an Oculus Rift with no problems. A 980M is about the same as a 780 GTX desktop video card. While not a the specs needed for the final VR headsets, you should have no problems developing on this system. I do most of my VR dev with a ROG running an 870M, the same as a 660 desktop GPU, and have just a few scenes that lag.
The cooling system, dual fans, on the ROG’s are great. Can get nosily, but you can actually run the stupid thing on your lap without getting burned. I’ve picked mine up after six hours of UE4 work, and placed my hand underneath it, and was able to leave it there with just feeling a little bit of warmth.
That model also allows you to turn off Intel’s Optimus, which is horrible.

What is Intel’s Optimus and why is it horrible?

If you are going to be doing development in UE4, you’ll want something that is good for gaming, because Unreal Engine 4 is an engine for creating games, so projects will utilize your GPU heavily.

I fully agree with that. Having a lot of RAM and a powerful graphic card is good for both gaming and UE4 development. Plus, you’re going to want to play what you create, right?

Earlier this year I asked what I should save up for and mostly everybody suggested this:

ASUS ROG G751JY-DB72 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop, Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M Graphics (G-SYNC) ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YR6BNVS/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_gKl1vbYB8RTB8 )

My next paycheck I will have enough to purchase this laptop. So my question is is this still great for UE4? Is there a newer better model? Or is there a better out now?
[/QUOTE]

ASUS ROG is definitely a fantastic for UE4, you can’t go wrong with it. However, if you want an optional I’d say the Acer Aspire V17 Nitro Black Edition is a great option too. Mainly graphic designers use it, but it has all that’s needed for UE4 too, including 16 GB DDR3 RAM.

your link is dead my friend. Fix it pls :3

My friend has an ASUS ROG that he uses strictly for gaming and that thing is a beast. It would be great for development. One thing I would recommend getting as well is a nice monitor or two (or three?) for when you are coding at home. When I went from single monitor to dual it was a life changer. I recently went from 2 to 3 and it is even better but can feel as overkill sometimes.

if you looking for budget one and work good with UE4, you will need laptops at least under $600 gaming laptops and you will get enough perfromance