"What is needed to start with cloth" for dummies please

I have been reading and watching videos for two days, registered at Nvidia but I am still lost. I want to make dynamic cloth to use in UE4. I have the mesh made.

I can not find very basic info on for example what to download from Nvidia. I don’t have any of the expensive Maya/ programs only Blender. In one video (PhysX/Blender/UE) he mentions a file which is not existing on Nvidia’s download page anymore so what am I suppose to use?

Any advice and push in the right direction much appreciated.

Do you mean this tutorial?
I’m not 100% sure but it should be the first physix: apex sdk link -> https://developer.nvidia/gameworksdownload#?search=apex :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s the tutorial. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the link.
I have so far downloaded and tried about half of all the files from Nvidia. The only thing working is the PhysX lab, a standalone, but it only handles destructibles and nothing about cloth (as far as I can see). Can’t find any info on where to place the other files which may be one of the reasons.
Sigh, I’m now starting to think most of them will not work without a Nvidia video card. But this is not mentioned clearly so lots of time wasted if it is so.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

------------------ edit -----------------------
I finally found the clothing tool thanks to you pointing me at the right file. >happy dance<

It can be found in apexsdk-1.3.1…/bin/vc10win32-PhysX_3.3/ClothingToolPROFILE.exe
It’s not in the win64 directory where I searched. I guess one should listen better because that’s what he says in the video tutorial. Doh…