What is are the different ways and advantages to implement a small change in C++?

I work on a potato. I am starting to increment my work into smaller and smaller changes in my IDE. I launch unreal from my IDE (I use Rider) and as I work, when I want to implement a change I usually hit the “Build” button. This sometimes takes a long time. I am wondering - what’s the fastest way to go about implementing code changes?

Whats the difference between using the build button and hitting the “Compile” button from within the editor?

Is there a way I can set up the IDE so I don’t have to hit any buttons to implement a change?

Are there any other ways of iterating that I might be missing?

Ahh I’m on a Mac and the live coding feature doesn’t work on Mac according to the wiki.

Maybe you can look into the live coding feature:

Just to answer one of your questions: “Whats the difference between using the build button and hitting the “Compile” button from within the editor?”

The build button within the editor allows you to build or recalculate different things such as lighting, navigation, and more. The compile button is the hot reload feature that I believe the article I linked talks about a bit; it allows you to recompile your code within the editor; but there are some limitations.