Download

What event should be used for Boxing and Shoot? both use Event ActorBeginOverlap?

what event should be used for Boxing and Shoot? both use Event ActorBeginOverlap?

Its kind of the same thing (also you shpuld.post this in the BP section as its got nothing to do with animation).

Overlap allows you to do more.
Hit tells you if something that can be hit was hit.

In either case your projectile speed may skip over the collision. It needs substepping and fine tuning (i like to enlarge my collision based on projectile speed).

Overlap allows you to detect and decide what to do based on some interface/internal values.

Hit can be the same, but it will usually “stop”.

You can stop and destroy the projectile manually which makes Overlap and Hit be essentially the same.

Usually, work the opposite way.
An item has collision and and possibly an interface with actions to execute when a projectile hits/Overlap.

The projectile has an interface that is tested by each object it Overlaps or hits that performs different actions (pass though, track target, destroy target or self, etc. Depending on what you are making).

The two systems in conjunction allow you to do just about anything and make it pretty easy to swap out what happens.

I like to use actor components usually or other parts you add to either the object or the projectile that contain “standardized” code.
So as to avoid copy paste - customization for one off happens withing the BP anyway.

Thanks so much!