[Web/Electron] Custom (seperate?) Launcher

I have a question, rather a general idea that I’d like a practical/impractical judgement from someone more experienced if able. I’m not quite sure where to put this thread, so feel free to move it if appropriate.

I’ve spent some time with electron and other web utilities and I’d like to make a platform that is responsive on lower-end machines leveraging web-based utilities, that is something that doesn’t munch on resources. My idea is to setup a 3rd-party type launcher that can invoke commands and executables with instructions or custom variables built from UE4. I’m trying to figure out if I should keep it completely separate with custom calls and invocations, or develop a plugin to mediate between the two. The people behind curse have done an extraordinary job with such an API with one of the biggest success stories being from FTB and Minecraft - that is java. Just a thought/idea to create a project for such if one doesn’t exist, or if impractical I have other solutions to closed projects I’m working on and that this could be applied to. If this is practical and can be used on a larger scale, perhaps an open source project might be valuable to startup as well as I can’t find any other project that exists along this line.

Any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated.