Download

we are going to translate blueprint API pages into Chinese

I am a UE teacher in China. The blueprint API pages are English Only. This confuses lots of students.

I don’t know whether Epic has a plan to tranlate them or not. If yes, I will not do it. If No, I will do it.

would anybody from Epic tell me ?

My Email is 577670652@qq.com

Expecting.

Congratulations when’s its due? Doubt that was the salutation you had in mind… :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, wait and see, but If no one replies email Epic staff directly / send PM…
Those pages aren’t a great help just to warn you btw, many are auto-generated…

Examples:

So I’ve seen this thing around a lot lately… what is it? Why are chinese emails all just numbers?

Do you know the emails of the Epic staff? tell me one, please…
I know the api pages are generated by programs. So I am intended to write a program to follow the updates.

Did you notice qq.com in my email?
QQ is one of two biggest internet companies in China. Almost every Chinese has a QQ number.
QQ number is a good ID for the billions of people.

Huge task ahead; good luck.

No, you not understanding what is it I’m really trying to warn you about. See here 1 2 3 4

Since this is Docs related maybe start with Jeff Wilson. Try PM’ing first…
If that doesn’t work I have some emails for Epic reps I can share by PM.

No, you’re not understanding what I’m really trying to warn you about. See here 1 2 3 4

Since this is Docs related maybe start with Jeff Wilson. Try PM’ing first…
If that doesn’t work I have some emails for Epic reps I can share by PM.

The API Documents are very weak. Even so, it helps a lot if it was in Chinese.

I will contact him by PM first. Thanks. :slight_smile:

There are ongoing petitions to Epic about improving the docs.
Wikis & YT tutorials are often far better. So good luck with this!

hi, franktech, would you please share some emails of Epic staff ?
I sent a private message to Jeff and got no reply.

thanks.

We don’t have any plans to translate the C++ or Blueprint API reference documentation to any other languages. The main reason is that they are currently completely auto generated.

The C++ API docs pull straight from the source code which is obviously only available in English. We’re also talking about 100,000+ pages here which would take someone a lifetime to translate and keep updated with each release.

It might theoretically be possible to build translated versions of the Blueprint API docs. I would have to look into whether the text for those gets translated with the rest of the editor text. However, as I said previously this is not something we have any plans to do at the moment.