Warning WorldSettings Hierarchical LOD System is disabled or no HLOD level settings available, unable to build LOD actors

Warning WorldSettings Hierarchical LOD System is disabled or no HLOD level settings available, unable to build LOD actors.

That is the error i get when i attempt to do a build… The build never works… This started with 4.10. I cannot build. Swarm agent does open up and there is a bar moving … but unreal editor itself no longer shows that its building… it just says that build failed… even though swarm agent is doing something… it goes instantly to build failed with no percentage in the editor after that… Only warning message i see if the one up top about H LOD system… which is odd because i am not using HLOD in my project at all… so… 4.10 strikes again? Whats happening?

Hello -

The Warning regarding Hierarchical LOD system refers to the possibility that exists to use that system with any foliage in your map. Foliage in UE4 by design is a HISM and can (not required) use the H-LOD system. This will not cause an error in lighting builds it is merely a warning for performance enhancements.

I have attached a Test Project which builds correctly in 4.10 for me, can you please open the project in 4.10 and try to build lighting and let me know if it is successful or if not, what errors you are getting - please post the Project logs and the Swarm Logs after the build has failed.

Also I believe I may have linked this wiki to you before, but if not, take a look at the Swarm Agent Troubleshooting guide, found here:

A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Test Project 4.10.0

Hey Eric,
Im home now and i just tried building your test project. It also failed on this computer.

Its odd because if i open up swarm the exporting bar is moving.

Can you post the Swarm and Project logs from the failed Build?

Eric Ketchum

link text

link text

Even though i copied the text in the swarm log… swarms blue bar is still going like its not done… even though it says 100%… strange… and again obviously the editor says build failed.

Hello -

I wanted to check to see if you are still having this issue. The log files you previously posted indicate that your build was successful both in the Swarm Log and the Project Log unless the engine crashed and truncated the Project file, and if so please let us know that.

If this issue has not resolved itself, please let us know and we will begin testing again.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Hey sorry its been a long time since i dealt with that problem. I had fixed it, but do not recall what i did to actually fix it. I know i dont use HLODs. It may possibly have to do with swarm.exe being set to run as administrator. I was doing that for testing purposes at the time to try to make network building work proper. I think swarm.exe has to be NOT be checked to run as admin. Unchecked.