Vive framerate WAY worse in Unreal with new NVidia 1070 card

Hi there,
I recently upgraded my nVidia 780 to a 1070 and my Vive framerate in Unreal has gone down a LOT.
I have the latest graphics drivers, I’m using 4.12.5, and the latest version of Windows 10 (anniversary update).

In other Vive software & games, I’ve noticed a significant framerate increase, so I’m not sure why Unreal is having a problem.
I’ve even gone through and done a pretty aggressive optimization and I didn’t see an improvement.

Have there been any reports of framerate issues with similar setups?

Thanks,
Alec

maybe your powersupply or other components are bottlenecking your card?

Thanks for the response.
I’ve benchmarked the heck out of the card to good results and I typically see around 90FPS on other VR games & software, but something is still causing HMD lock-ups, where the screen freezes in the headset and might or might not lock up the software.

I bought the recommended PCIe USAB 3 card to see if that helps any. I’m not holding my breath.
We’ll see what happens.
Thanks,
Alec

It turns out it was two things that weren’t related. One was the locking of the HMD, which seemed to be exacerbated by low frame rates and the other was the low frame rates caused by using Blueprints to group multiple Static Meshes and creating what I thought was a small number of instances (18).

The HMD locking was fixed by updating my nVidia drivers to a hotfix that seems to only be available via the Device Manager (right-click the graphics device, select Properties, Update Drivers).

The low frame rates were fixed by combining the multiple meshes into one in Maya instead of in Unreal. Now, even though the level looks pretty much the same and the number of triangles processed is pretty much the same, I get 90fps+ vs. combined geometry in a Blueprint.

Anyway, I think it’s all good now.

Thanks,
Alec

What kind of meshes did youo end up combining? Like a bunch of props into a single fbx, or modular buildings into a single mesh?