Did anyone tried to follow a mesh that is animated along the Spline using the VInterpTo?
I am having a simple test setup:
- an object that tries to follow another object - Pine
- an object animated on the spline - Cloud
- an object animated with set actor location updates - Bark
The Pine BP is having a very simple setup:
If my Pine is set to follow the Bark it all works like intened, but when I switch it to follow the Cloud, which is animated along a spline, the Pine does not catch up with the Cloud, but it gets interpolated to it’s starting position. The Cloud setup is as follows:
I did also try:
- promoting the distance along spline into separate variable and read that
- using the world location node as the input for the variable, which returns different values, but it does not work anyway
It looks like using the spline for animation messes things up a bit, but I wonder if there is something that I could do differently to get it working.