Viewport To Another Camera?

I’m somewhat new to Unreal Engine, but I’m not entirely new to graphics programming, having been an OpenGL programmer for several years prior. One thing I was able to do in OpenGL was draw the view from the player regularly, then set the viewport and scissor to a small square in the corner of the screen and redraw from the perspective of another camera (for example, from a drone’s view up above), so the player could see what was going on from another perspective whilst running around themselves in a normal first-person manner.

Maybe I’m looking in the wrong places, but I can’t seem to find any options to replicate this functionality in UE4? I know UE4 is Direct3D not OpenGL, but I can’t imagine, what with D3D squashing OpenGL these days, that this isn’t possible? There’s Split Screen but that’s not really what I’m looking for. And searching “viewports unreal 4” etc into Google just comes up with a ton of stuff about the editing environment, rather than what I’m seeking. Anyone care to signpost me in the right direction? Thanks!

Create a texture in the content browser, create a camera, assign the texture to the camera, create a quad in umg, assign the texture to the quad, set the gui to be displayed.

Roughly. Should work.

You are thinking low level calls in a high level framework.

Edit:
It’s actually a rendertarget you should create not a texture.

Edit Edit:
Actually look trough this tutorial for actually capturing the feed of a camera.

Ah, fantastic! That’s exactly what I needed! Would never have thought to look under the GUI toolkit stuff. Aye, not used to this high-level stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you very much! :slight_smile: