Video Card Requirements Question

In the system requirements it states that an NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX card is required. I have a 640 GT and am wondering if that is sufficient. While the 640 is obviously higher than 470, there are differences between GTX an GT so I’m specifically asking whether the card has to be GTX.

the GTX 470 is just the minimum recommended spec for developing with UE4, UE4 still works on lower end cards, you do not have to use a GTX card. I just did a quick GPU comparison and it looks like both those cards have similar performance so it should work fine, I cant guarantee that as I have never used either but you should be ok.

Thanks. I think I’ll give it a try then.

And when you get fps problems, you can always set the scalability settings to middle or low, but normally it should work with your card :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure I’ll get far superior performance than I am with the current game engine I’m using. I’ve been working with FPS Creator Reloaded in Beta phase and performance is horrendous. I’m tired of playing with tinker toys and want a real engine.