Our primary client has an immediate need for an experienced VFX Artist on an upcoming AAA title. The title will be ship on Windows, OSX, Linux, XBox One and PS4, requiring experience with optimizing sophisticated particles in Unreal Engine 4 to work under CPU or GPU limiting conditions. Candidates must show ability to create multiple effects (fire, explosions, water, dirt, weather, mist, clouds, charging, auras, spells, etc.,) optimizing lighting conditions for levels and characters, and working with shaders for in-environment and character models, on-screen overlays and Slate/UMG menus. Preferred candidates have at least 2 years of experience with the Unreal Editor, 3 years of proven visual effects experience and shipped AAA title experience with Unreal or Unity.
- Can create various effects using Unreal Engine 4, Blueprints and other visualization tools.
- Can optimize existing effects for different computer platforms and console SKUs.
- Can modify lighting or shadow conditions casted on characters, world objects or levels.
- Can create breathtaking scenery, improve in-game characters, menus or on-screen overlays via use of shaders and particles.
- A creator, capable of trying new things through inventive and innovative means.
- A team player, willing to help regardless of peer relationships or target project.
- A self-starter, able to be motivated regardless of situation or circumstances.
- A fast-learner, that can admit ignorance and perform research to gain knowledge
- A problem solver, can critically think about issues and circumstances, and affected parties.
- Open-minded, willing to be a devil’s advocate or hear new ideas and thought.
- Tolerant, that doesn’t care about what makes somebody a human being.
- Organized, efficiently self-managing time and tasks to stay on schedule and within budget.
This is a remote position, requiring United States citizenship. U.S. citizens residing in Hawaii, Alaska or U.S. territories must be able to work during client hours of 9am - 6pm US/CST.
To apply, e-mail email@example.com or provide links to resume, portfolio and showreel here.