Download

Vehicle Characters and Collision

So, I’m new to blueprints and scripting/programming in Unreal. Sorry if the answer to my question is obvious.

Essentially, I’m trying to create vehicles that will drive around the scene autonomously. I would like it if I could to have the player be able to ride in the vehicles, and be able to control the vehicles’ behavior via an AI Behavior Tree. As far as I know, I need to build the vehicle as a Character Blueprint. I’m sure I’ll be running into other problems down the road, but the first one I’m coming up against involves collision.

I’m sure you experts know where I’m going with here. The Character Blueprint template is built with capsule collider. I’ve built pawns before that utilized the physics setup I built for a particular mesh that the user could drive around in, but I’m not sure how to implement that sort of collision setup within the confines of a Character Blueprint.

I know I’m probably missing a very basic and obvious paradigm of Blueprint, but a point in the right direction would be fantastic :slight_smile:

Thanks!