Using .csv data to generate objects in level

Hey guys,

So the question title may be a bit misleading. I have a .csv file that contains times/information about notes for a music game I’m beginning development on.

I’ve imported the .csv as a DataTable into the Engine. What I want to do is use it to generate physical note objects in the level that I can then manipulate and save as part of the level in in the editor.

The reason I can’t simply spawn them in the game and then use them from there is because, while this is a beat-matching music game, it takes on a path the player is running down that will have scenery in it and characters coming and going based upon different points in the song. With that in mind, we want to be able to edit and add this stuff in based upon where the notes are in the editor.

Anyone know of a good way to do this?

Thanks!

Also, wasn’t sure if I should post this here or level editing… posted here 'cause I figured some code would be involved!

As far as I am aware you cannot reimport a data table at runtime, it has to be manually be done. If you continue to change and read data at runtime i can reccomend 2 options:

1. Use Unreal Engine C++ and its functions to write something to handle the data (FFilehelper is the module to start with)
  2. If you want to avoid C++ use Rama’s Victory BP Plugin (Free) and use his Save/Load file as string array blueprint nodes

Link to Rama Plugin : (39) Rama's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required! - Blueprint Visual Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums

Hope this helps