Download

Upgrading my system

Thank you all that have replied to my other thread. It was a big help and finally able to understand it better. I have been looking around and found a nice computer to work with. Can you please tell me if this would be good to develop games with and what FPS to expect.

The computer is called: HP Elite 8200 SFF Desktop PC - Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz 16GB 1.0 TB DVDRW Windows 7 Pro (Certified Refurbished)

Link: http://amzn.to/2cfOpeS

Here are the specs:

Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5 RAM: 16 GB SDRAM DDR3 Hard Drive: 1 TB Number of USB 2.0 Ports: 10 Brand Name: HP Series: Elite 8200 Item model number: Elite 8200 Hardware Platform: PC Operating System: Windows 7 Professional Processor Brand Intel Processor Count 1 Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA Audio-out Ports (#) 1

If you have any other cheap computer recommendations please tell me. Also, can someone show me the how big the difference between 8 vs 16gb of RAM?

Thank you so much, Leo

That would not work–it uses an integrated GPU with a very old i5 processor–any i3/i5/i7 with a 2xxx model number is from the first generation of those processors which means it’s way out of date. That’s why it’s so cheap.

If you want a cheap computer for development you’re going to have to build your own. And expect to spend at least $450 for something that will barely run a high end scene at 40 FPS 1080P. $900 would be your best bang for your buck for development.