Download

Update Tutorial "Class Creation Basic -> C++ Only"

Hi dear Unreal Citizens.

I am currently a beginner in Unreal and am relying heavily on tutorials videos and whatnot.

As a representative for all beginners out there it is very unenticing (not enticing) when a version revision breaks compatability betweenn the tutorials and actual implementation.

The following tutorial
https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Gameplay/ClassCreation/CodeOnly/index.html

Claims that OnActorBeginOverlap can be set with a delegate under this signature.

/** called when something overlaps the sphere component */
    UFUNCTION()
    void OnOverlap(class AActor* OtherActor, class UPrimitiveComponent* OtherComp, int32 OtherBodyIndex);

However it is far from compilable on my version of Unreal Engine.

The actual signiture that compiled for me after countless frustrating stabs and researches is
UFUNCTION()
void OnOverlap(class AActor* OtherActor, class UPrimitiveComponent* OtherComp, int32 a, bool b,const FHitResult & fhr);

Another problem is that the Intellisence system on VisualStudio does not recognize the .AddDynamicaly() and only provide .Add or .AddUnique. Which them
may be easier to use, however there is no explanation nowhere on how to use them.

Please update the basic tutorials with compilable code at least. There arn’t that many of them anyways.

It definitely needs to be updated. We will add it to the list and make sure it gets done as soon as possible.

Thanks for pointing it out. :slight_smile: