Update to 4.8 Unhandled Exception Issue

I just converted my project from 4.7.6 to 4.8 and I’m geting this issue whenever I move viewport camera, it works but as soon as I move it crashes.

I get this break or continue message. Continue always leads to another break or continue message,

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFD9386EE45 (APEX_DestructiblePROFILE_x64.dll) in UE4Editor.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000000.

Justfor your information, I have tried deleting projects saved, intermediate and ddc folder, and rebuilding with no fix for issue.
Please help

Hi Imperium,

Please copy all of information in Crash Reporter window, including Machine ID, and paste it here so we can look it up on our end. Be sure to hit Send! Then get crash logs from project’s \Saved\Logs folder, them up, and attach them here. Thank you!

I get almost no crash reports cause debug breakes, but I’ll try again after work.
But I have read that it might be how I’ve been building my blueprints may not be compatible with 4.8
issue there is that I have a very large project, and it would be devastating to delete all my BPs to fix it.

Any other way to figure out which file/blueprint is culprit?

Thanks in advance!

If you can provide logs, that would be helpful. Thank you.

Hi Imperium,

We haven’t heard back from you in a while, so I’m resolving this post for tracking purposes. If you’re still getting crashes in your project in 4.8 and can provide any of logs for us, please feel free to respond and we’ll continue investigating. As for deleting BPs, if you’re certain crash is coming from a BP, it would be a good idea to copy each BP .uasset file and delete them one at a time until you can narrow down cause of crash. Without any logs to help find cause, there’s not much more I can do to help.

I am thinking that it could be an animblueprint that is defunctional, I will try this approach instead, open a new project and export and import height maps at first, then import landscape materials, then import models and material etc. until I find bp thats causing it.

Btw, if I remember things correctly I should be able to migrate into an open project in 4.8 and up? I remember that feature being announced when 4.8 was released.

Migrate has been around for longer than that. Are you referencing something other than Migrate feature available for assets in editor?

Not migrate feature, but a similar feature that could import from another content browser using same method Migrate feature uses to export assets.

I’m not aware of that feature, but it’s possible I missed it.

Let us know if you still get crash in new project. Most likely it’s a corrupt BP that’s causing crash. In that case there won’t be much we can do, but you might be able to go back to original project and revert to an earlier build or get an earlier version of that asset. Otherwise, if it’s not specific to a corrupt asset, having logs from crash might help us track it down.

It was something in projects levelbluprint/map that was causing issue in 4.8, I went back into 4.7, exported my heightmaps to PNG, reloaded them into a new 4.8 project and since then I have redone my WHOLE project, expect my static meshes ofc, just imported into new project from source directory.

This was done with great sucess tho, I have learned so much doing this so it took my only a bit over a week of intensive developing to redo everything, and a bit more.