Unwritten rule about the type of blueprint nodes allowed to be in a parent actor that provides inheritance?

Is there an unwritten rule about the type of blueprint nodes allowed to be in a parent actor that provides inheritance?
Example: If I place a spawn actor node in a parent, the blueprint and any references will crash after reopening the editor

No, it should prevent you to from doing anything that cause crash. SpawnActor should work on any blueprint class related to Actor. You sound like you can reproduce it. Check Saved/Logs in your project directory they might be mroe info there and try to write step by step instruction how to reproduce this

Well I’m using the Ark Dev Kit (4.5) So it could be fixed by now, and my googling as brought me to learn the term “circular dependencies” So I decided not use any custom variables In my parent and made sure to point my references in one direction.

Turns out if I have any child references in the parent (circular dependencies)it will crash on next project load.