this is just wind function node + world displacement
You mean SimpleGrassWind or Panner node? Could you take a simple screenshot?
By the way this is not a game. It is only a prototype but maybe it should turn into the game? I am thinking about something like Harvest Moon with challanges of finding resources like water etc. I have also an idea how to change basic shape square to be something more unusual and not being Minecraft clone.
turn it into a game yes
Its very cool.
I’ve updated the information
if i had a good pc… i would already have made a letsplay out of it XD
I sooo much love voxel games like this.
But its lagging extremly even on lower settings… Its horrible :c my blueprint clone is even faster.
Hmm I can make the render settings starts from 1…
Is Your CPU the bottleneck or GPU?
This is developement version because I wanted to keep Savegame folder inside the game folder. You have all commands available so You can set even more settings if You want.
yee that sounds cool :3
Just go ahead on this im eager to see where this can go.
OK, You can check it right now. I’ve changed configuration to start from render range 1. Enjoy
I changed it once again because it wasn’t applying range1. Right now should be really low range.
it did changed a few things. But theres still much work to be done. Thx tho
Filly_The_Owl check this once again pls.
How many times today did you updated this
Will redownload again!
hehe twice, first was changing settings but not applying them. If You see less terrain like here http://i.imgur.com/hboHpuy.png everything is fine
Have You guys tried?
i have still lags.
Should i make you a list with my things i found bad?
That would be very accurate feedback.
Yeah why not… Thanks
But if You are not able to run this prototype on ultra settings how You can give accurate feedback?
I know alot about ue4 So i can tell you exactly what you should do.
- Make button to deactivate Motionblur
- Make button to deactivate godrays
- Make button to deactivate lensflare
- Make buttons for SSAO enable and its quality settings
- Make movement harder so that the items and the arms dont move up and down so slow
- Remove shadows of items in hand and handmesh shadow itself
- Hotbar scrolling should be in the other direction
- Height of player is wrong, should be 2 blocks height
- mouse sensitivity settings
- autosave on map leave
- interaction animations with same speed as the actual action
- menu for speed settings
- flying option? maybe. classified
- Make music volume sliders
- more feedback sounds on interactions
All advices really hit home but I am not sure if I really should go so far. It was just small challange to see how Unreal Engine 4 is doing with all these generation and effects.
- I can add more settings but You can still use commands in developement mode.
- Movement harder? I can slow down the movement speed or increase weapon up-down speed.
- Hotbar scrolling, ok it’s quick fix so I will do it.
- What do You mean height character is wrong? http://i.imgur.com/I9Qtaen.png it is 1 voxel wide and 2 height - feets this tunel 1x2
- Sensitivity hmm
- Autosave why not
- Yeah I can improve animations
- There was flying options but in other controller. Right now I am using only personCharacter
There is a lot of sounds already. Walk sound, hit sounds of different voxel type, menu sounds etc.
Thanks for Your feedback!