UnrealMatch3 Fails To Launch With Unreal Engine 5

I have a fresh Windows 11 install with modern hardware and a fresh copy of the Epic Games Launcher. I am able to readily launch and play the City Sample project as well as the ContentExamples project. So, I suspect that something has just lapsed or gone out of date with the UnrealMatch3 project.

However, I was hoping that since it is listed on the official ‘Samples’ tab, that it might be unintended.

Please help me confirm whether the project is now considered legacy, and thus incompatible with Unreal Engine 5.

If it is not legacy, do I need to fix something on my side or will this problem be addressed by the Unreal Team in the coming days/weeks?

If it is indeed a legacy project, is there some way I could readily get it to work with Unreal Engine 5 anyhow so that I can get some learnings from the project?

Double clicking the project in the ‘Library’ tab results in an error message saying “Failed to launch editor”

Launching Unreal Engine 5 via the ‘Launch’ button and then trying to manually open the UnrealMatch3 project from the ‘Recent Projects’ tab results in an error message saying “The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version: Match 3 Would you like to rebuild them now? Yes No” Selecting ‘Yes’ results in an error popup saying “UnrealMatch3 could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually. OK”

(For reference, Unreal Engine 5 is the only engine version I installed on this machine)

Why don’t you simply use ue4 for this project when it is only to learn some things.

I don’t think that you will learn more when it is running in ue5 instead of ue4 and I don’t think that they’ll migrate it.