UnrealFrontend wants UE4Game-Redist-Launch-Win64-Shipping.lib

I’ve really been banging my head with the UnrealFrontend tool. I’m now trying to build a stock starter project with no added code or content. Using 4.5.1 binary engine, when I try to build a shipping configuration, my build fails with:

UnrealBuildTool: LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.5\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Game-Redist-Launch-Win64-Shipping.lib'

If I look at the engine folder, sure enough, that file does not exist.

What’s messed up is that in Visual Studio, if you compile in Shipping configuration, it’s x86 only. In UE4 editor, if you package for windows in Shipping configuration, it’s x86 only. I see that UE4Game-Redist-Launch-Win32-Shipping.lib is there waiting to be linked, but don’t understand why UnrealFrontend is going rogue and building for Win64 instead of following the VS project configuration and doing x86.

I looked through commits to UnrealFrontend since March and didn’t really see any commits that address this. Has anyone been able to build Shipping with the frontend? Or does anyone know if maybe this is fixed in master?

Is there anyone out there that uses UnrealFrontend? This is still the case on the binary 4.7.3 version.

Have you asked on AnswerHub, and link that question to “Feedback to Epic” forum section? Have the staffs actually responded to your inquiries?

I’ve just done so here.

That doesn’t count, unfortunately. You’ll really want to do is make a post about it at AnswerHub, and you will 100% get staff’s attention.

I made an answerhub question about it. I’m not counting on a response though, I have 5 outstanding answerhub questions related to packaging going back to December of last year that have no activity. In my experience the only answerhub questions of mine that get answered are the ones that I answer myself.

Then it means that they, on their side, cannot reproduce your errors, has a very low priority, or you are just really unlucky not to have someone see your posts.