Unreal engine freeze my computer

Hello

4.7.4 works ok, i not remember if the problems begin with 4.7.5, i think no. Perhaps its other thing not UE4 related but now using UE4 freeze my computer.

Sometimes few seconds, other times few minutes and others forever, i must reset.

I catch that on log when freeze for seconds or minutes.

LogD3D11RHI: Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up. (0.5 s)

Any ideas?

windows 8.1
r9-290
16gb (8+8 mixed savage and genesis modules recently)

Can you post that to the Answerhub? They can then track the issue–it sounds like a bug

I got also freezes when doing simple tasks, like importing a new asset or changing a material on some model, it freezes the editor some seconds and you can’t do anything else. This was not happening before 4.7.

i think i found the problem (its mine), recently only work on one project, and seems only have problem in that project, i use a pom material (the same create by a forum user), and that give that error in one of my meshes. Its early for say its solved… checking.

i got small freezes too , but this its similar but other thing more problematic.

I change recently one of my hard drives, i have ssd for system and normal (old) hd for the rest , since i see that HD at 100% too much times and largue times without apparently reason, sometimes building light or others things, for one a bit fast (no hd special, a new barracuda 2tb). Its too early too but now its always near 0% of usage (i double my ram too) perhaps the other are faulty. No smart errors anyway but this seems works much better (or perhaps was the extra ram),

Velocity with flashbench moving w/r 16mb of my old hd vs new was
90/70 vs 190/190

I don’t known if its something relate to the hd but change anyway for try, and a fast hd its always good idea for load textures, mesh, etc

i will if i not solve, i want invetigate a bit myself and get some ideas from the forum before.

I changed for SSD also, but SSD is even faster, the editor should not have freezes during import ,save or compilations. It’s new to 4.7 unfortunately.