Hello! Welcome tu UE4! I am a **New User **I’ve been wondering on how to ***Add Animations ***to random objects in Unreal Engine 4, and I found about this great instrument called ***Matinee ***that allow you to do it!
It is very simple: (I know only few steps because I’m stuck there, but here is how the tutorial starts:)
1. You select n place your (in this situation) Door;
P.S.: You can find Doors in the following path in the window **Content Browser: (Content > StarterContent > Props)
2. While it is highlighted/selected, click on Matinee
2b. > Add Matinee
3. Check that your Door is selected (maybe click it) and then Create a new empty Group (and name it)
4. You obtained a “Track”! Keep the Track selected and right click on it
5. Click on “Add new movement”
6. Check the timeline, and use the green and red triangles to adjust the lenght (in seconds) of your animation (probably 2 seconds or 2.50 seconds to see the door opened)
6b. Use third button on your mouse to zoom in and zoom out the timeline
6c. Activate the Snap Toggle up in the window and to the right. (You can activate it simply by clicking “S”). Activate it if you want to interact with the timeline second by second precisly, without having to go through all the decimals in seconds (Snap toggle will allow you to easily “fall” on x.00 with the small green&red triangles, without having to go through all the x.01 'till x.99 etc.)
7. After you adjusted the lenght of your selected/highlighted object’s animation, which is in this case a door, by using the small triangles in the timeline, that are red and green, you can proceed.
8. Go to Second: 0:00 and press on Add Key
9. Go to the Last Second of your Timeline, which now is 2:00, and leave the wheel there
10. Click one more time on Add Key while on the last second
11. Now, you can adjust the door’s position and adjust it in the Final position, which in my case, would be Closed.
12x. Press play to verify the animation.
I can’t continue the tutorial because im stuck here
Check this link, it will help you:
That’s from where i took the tutorial.
Here goes my big problem.
1. I am inside the Add Matinee window,
2. I have to use this button: Add Key. Problem is it’s not functioning.
3. When i click it, while the “track is highlighted” and the door is not, it says: **Nothing to keyframe, or selected object can’t be keyframed on this type of track.
3b. The object in this case is not a door, but simply a wall behaving like a door (tooken from the Modes, in this Path: Geometry > Box > plus edits). I think it should work anyways, so, unless you dont say so, the problem is not the object/wall, but something else…
4. So when I try to “highlight the door/wall and the track” at the same time, one gets dis-selected, so basically when the door/wall is selected the track becomes grey, announcing it is not selected anymore: And this is the error when I press Add Key with only the door/wall selected: No track selected. Select a track from the track view before trying again. balblabalblabl
5.** IT DOESN’T WORK!** I followed the tutorial step by step… What should I do to add the Add Key and realize the animation? What is wrong with Unreal Engine 4? Please mods help, I’m running out of time.
Good luck answering,
It was nice to text you.