Unable to build for tvOS

As with 4.11 Preview 1, I am also unable to get a game on tvOS with Preview 2. The build dialog doesn’t show the tvOS device as a possible build target, but I can access it via the project launcher. However, when I launch it from there I get a “no BuildPlatform found for tvOS”. Is there some additional step necessary? (This is a C++ project, build BP only doesn’t work as well),

I’d really love to give some feedback on the new tvOS target, but of course that would require I can get past the build step first :slight_smile: Also, please create a keyword for tvOS, I still have bad karma :wink:

Rastar,

TVOS is not supported in Binary yet, which is from the Epic Games Launcher. It’s experimental still in GitHub. Could you give me some more information to go on? Perhaps whether or not you’re on Source or Binary?

Thanks!

OK, didn’t know it wasn’t in binary. I tried about a week ago to the 4.11 branch which build on OSX but didn’t start due to some issues in the shaders. Do I have to use any special git tags or just use the 4.11 branch?

In any case, will try again from the sources and give you feedback on that.

I am still not able to run the build, same error as before

Log file attached

[link text][2]

I noticed that there was a fatal error with your Shader Compiler. Did you build your Shader Compiler when you were building UE4 from GitHub?

I also see that: file ‘/Users//Documents/Development/UnrealEngine/Engine/Binaries/Mac/’ was not found. You should verify that this file is there and make sure it’s there.

Once you’ve looked into these two issues and hopefully corrected them, it should work. Keep in mind that TVOS is experimental for the engine, so you may run into complications.

Thank you!

Thanks for the hint! It turns out I had to separately build the “ShaderCompileWorker” target - don’t know if this is a new additional step or if it’s missing in the full UE4 build?

In any way, I was able to run UE4 on my Macbook now, could create and work on a project. The AppleTV target now appears in the launcher, although launching on the device (using the stock BP TPP) still doesn’t work - getting the following error:

LogPlayLevel: mono: [229/230] clang++ Module.NetworkReplayStreaming.cpp
LogPlayLevel: mono: -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
LogPlayLevel: mono: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: /Users//Documents/Development/UnrealEngine/Engine/Binaries/TVOS/UE4Game
LogPlayLevel: mono: Total build time: 2475.11 seconds
LogPlayLevel: CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 2475.758091s to run mono, ExitCode=5
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.AutomationException: Command failed (Result:5): /Users//Documents/Development/UnrealEngine/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe UE4Game TVOS Development   -remoteini="/Users//Documents/Unreal Projects/TVOSTest" -noxge -nocreatestub -NoHotReloadFromIDE -ignorejunk. See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool-2016.01.15-09.01.18.txt'
LogPlayLevel:   at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunAndLog (System.String App, System.String CommandLine, System.String Logfile, Int32 MaxSuccessCode, System.String Input, ERunOptions Options, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 EnvVars) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:   at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunAndLog (AutomationTool.CommandEnvironment Env, System.String App, System.String CommandLine, System.String LogName, Int32 MaxSuccessCode, System.String Input, ERunOptions Options, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 EnvVars) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:   at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunUBT (AutomationTool.CommandEnvironment Env, System.String UBTExecutable, System.String CommandLine, System.String LogName, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 EnvVars) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:   at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunUBT (AutomationTool.CommandEnvironment Env, System.String UBTExecutable, UnrealBuildTool.FileReference Project, System.String Target, System.String Platform, System.String Config, System.String AdditionalArgs, System.String LogName, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 EnvVars) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:   at AutomationTool.UE4Build.BuildWithUBT (System.String TargetName, UnrealTargetPlatform TargetPlatform, System.String Config, UnrealBuildTool.FileReference UprojectPath, Boolean ForceMonolithic, Boolean ForceNonUnity, Boolean ForceDebugInfo, Boolean ForceFlushMac, Boolean DisableXGE, System.String InAddArgs, Boolean ForceUnity, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 EnvVars) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:   at AutomationTool.UE4Build.Build (AutomationTool.BuildAgenda Agenda, Nullable`1 InDeleteBuildProducts, Boolean InUpdateVersionFiles, Boolean InForceNoXGE, Boolean InUseParallelExecutor, Boolean InForceNonUnity, Boolean InForceUnity, Boolean InShowProgress, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 PlatformEnvVars) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:   at Project.Build (AutomationTool.BuildCommand Command, AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL, ProjectBuildTargets TargetMask) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:   at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:   at BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:   at AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:   at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 CommandsToExecute, Tools.DotNETCommon.CaselessDictionary.CaselessDictionary`1 Commands) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:   at AutomationTool.Automation.Process (System.String[] CommandLine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:   at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc (System.Object Param) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:   at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance (System.Func`2 Main, System.Object Param) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel:   at AutomationTool.Program.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
LogPlayLevel: Domain_ProcessExit
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 2505.153904
LogPlayLevel: RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
PackagingResults:Error: Error Launch failed! Unknown Error

But this is a different issue, so I’d consider this question to be resolved.

Rastar,

I’d suggest posting a new question with this new log in it, if you can’t figure out what’s going on in your project error logs!

Good luck! :slight_smile: