Hi, a long time ago, it was said that UE5 final version will be released in 2021, now there is information that UE5 (final version or 5.0.1) will take longer, releasing until 2022, is it true?
The problem is that UE5 is only in an early access stage, not production ready, and neither Chaos or Apex are guaranteed for UE5 final version; Chaos is still really bad with FPS, honestly useless, but Apex even though FPS is way better and easier to use it does causes drops over time, this uncertainty makes that projects requiring destruction be delayed, also because it was said, that converting UE4 projects to UE5 was not going to be possible… so, regardless the final destruction system and not being production ready yet, this delay also affects any project wanting to use UE5, because we cannot start with UE4.26 or UE5 early version, and not any market place plugin and asset is going to update to UE5, until the final version is released.
Some recommendations (wishlist):
- Please enable Nanite for painted foliage (Foliage is a bigger issue than rocks and statues…).
- Allow Nanite for VR (not sure if it works with mobile yet).
- Improve widgets to use giff animations.
- Improve widgets for easy gamepad navigation.
- Allow custom Input gamepad button “names”, for Xbox controllers, etc (this will also allow us to easy localize languages for them)
- Enable gravity to any direction (or material based) with IA navigation, not just up-down.
- Niagara is still highly demanding, maybe we could create high quality effects in Niagara and just convert them into flipbooks in Niagara, instead of importing flipbook textures, that would make the engine 100% free from FPS drops, and poor quality effects for mobile and VR.
- Import Z axis option, for Maya designers, always having trouble with the correct Up axis.
- Multi Paint Layers for regular meshes, instead of vertex painting (why keep using vertex, when we could just paint the UVs as we do in Substance Painter)
- Please improve the sequencer, so we can stop a sequence at any time (In-game) and make actors to stay in that position, currently they return to 0 or to the default position in the editor.
- Please improve the Groom hair-feather system for better optimization, better hair color control and materials.
- Play a movie clip from the sequencer, full screen, HD, without using planes in the scene, just a play button option and be able to visualize the video clip in the sequencer to be able to add VFX and music in UE an perfectly sync them with the pre-rendered movie.