UE4Editor-LightPropagationVolumeRuntime.dll is missing from your computer

I created a copy of my project using the launcher and attempted to open it in version 4.11 Preview 4. The following error pops up about 3 times then the project crashes before the UI loads.

Error:
UE4Editor-LightPropagationVolumeRuntime.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Crash log:
MachineId:9FA70901446D502BC63837B1667BC371
EpicAccountId:a6cccd07a6bc45acbe58e1af649896ab

Assertion failed: ModuleManager.IsModuleLoaded(ModuleName) [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++UE4+Release-4.11\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Modules\ModuleManager.h] [Line: 240]
Tried to get module interface for unloaded module: ‘FoliageEdit’

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:430]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FModuleManager::GetModuleChecked() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\core\public\modules\modulemanager.h:240]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FModuleManager::LoadModuleChecked() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\core\public\modules\modulemanager.h:285]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FEditorModeRegistry::Initialize() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\editor\unrealed\public\editormoderegistry.cpp:61]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FUnrealEdMisc::OnInit() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedmisc.cpp:229]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!EditorInit() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealed.cpp:86]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:133]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++ue4+release-4.11\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
kernel32
ntdll

Hello Distul -

Thank you for the report, we were able to track this issue down and reproduce it internal. I have entered a bug report as UE-26409 and will keep you informed as we investigate a solution.

Eric Ketchum

Hello Eric, has this been resolved in 4.11 Preview 5?

Not yet, it is still under active investigation.

Hi,
I have the same problem, can’t move my project to 4.11
Hope you solve this soon.

Looks like the issue came with 4.10.2 - just tried to create a new Project today and got the same issue…

I haven’t gone anywhere near the Preview 4.11 !

■■■■ now have to drop back to 4.9.2

Didn’t see this in known issues list of preview 6. Has it been resolved?

Hello -

This issue is still actively being looked at for a resolution, but I do not have any news of a fix yet.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Not solved in preview 7.
I am waiting to move my project to 4.11

Thanks for the headsup.

I was able to open my project in 4.11 creating an empty project, than deleting all files and folders except the .UPROJECT file, than copying all folders and files (Except .UPROJECT file) from my 4.10 project to this new folder.

This is the code in .UPROJECT file that cause the error :

{
		"Name": "LightPropagationVolume",
		"Enabled": false
	}

Just delete this code after duplicate your project.

That’s good to know if this problem rolls over into 4.11 stable, which hopefully that will NOT be the case. Thanks for figuring this out.

You welcome.

After the post, i realize that you can just duplicate your project, open the .uproject file and remove this lines:

{ “Name”: “LightPropagationVolume”, “Enabled”: false }

Is this still broken in preview 8? I compiled the source preview 7 a week or so ago and it seemed to still be a problem. Also, my game would crash after builds in 4.11 preview 7 but not in 4.10 – might be unrelated.

Hello Distul,

This issue is still being investigated by our developers. I will provide updates on this issue as they become available.

Have a great day

I was just able to open my project and at all the fresh install of 4.11, after I searched the drive I have my engine installation on for “UE4Editor - LightPropagationVolumeRuntime.dll”, then copied it to (in my case) C:\Epic Games\4.11\Engine\Binaries\Win64

heads up:
my grapple hook has no cable component I can add to the actor blueprint anymore. So that’s broke, has the cable component been replaced with something else in 4.11? Where can I find some information about that?

Hello,

If you are having an issue with cable components, please open a separate Answerhub post regarding that particular issue.

Thank you for providing the additional information that helped solve your initial problem.

Have a great day

had same issue, setting this value in .uproject file to true solved it.
{
“Name”: “LightPropagationVolume”,
“Enabled”: false => true
},