Download

UE4 Freezes on Play/Simulate

So, I’m not sure if this is exactly the right place to post this but if anyone could help, I’d sincerely appreciate it. I’m a pretty new UE4 game developer so please bare with me, my issue might be supper easy to fix, I’m just at a loss at the moment.

Basically, I’ve been working on this project for a week - copied it from another project that I was working on for about a month. No problems up until about three-four days ago when I noticed the engine would freeze (not crash - there’s no error or crash report) it just locks up and my computer gets insanely upset XD So I was just using play mode instead of simulate. I have a character rigged and that was working fine. Until today, something happened and now I can’t use play mode either. Same thing, it freezes upon click.

So now I have no play mode and no simulate mode.

Editor mode works fine! No issues there. I have a middle, to high end, brand new computer so I don’t think it’s a hardware issue.

I tried loading up an autosave to before the freezing happened. No luck. Even the autosaves freeze despite being from this morning (the freezing began at 4pm roughly). I also tried removing all the recent changes I did - still didn’t fix it.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!