UE4 doc website responsive design needs improvement

I have several issues with docs.unrealengine.com

• There is no highlighted link to the API docs. I’ve been using UE4 for several months now and I still rely on google to get the API. There is no clear path to get there, it is all buried under other content.

• Once on the API page there is no clear way to search only the API. You have to use the search function at the top. It works ofcourse, but it is not at all clear thats the way to go.

• I have a two monitor setup a FullHD main and a second older 17 inch 5:4 factor lcd. I use the older LCD for reading. The docs website has decided that the older LCD qualifies as a small screen and get the compacted responsive design. Which by itself is not so bad, however your responsive design has no search function. So even if I manage to get to the API docs page there is nothing I can do from there.

I have to drag the window to the other monitor and maximize it to get the search function. It breaks my concentration and momentum and is very annoying. Please fix this.

Hi Waves, thanks for providing feedback about our documentation. I’ll try to address your concerns the best I can…

When you go to the documentation page and type API, it takes you straight to our API reference page. No need to Google it.

The first line of the API reference page reads, “The API reference is an early work in progress, and some information may be missing or out of date. It serves mainly as a low level index of Engine classes and functions.” -This means it is currently being worked on but we’re unable to provide a completion time because various factors influencing this.

This is a bug that has been reported as JIRA [UEDOC-1347].