Download

UE4.5 hangs on create new project

Hi !
I open the editor, go to New Project and choose, say, the Twin Stick Shooter c++ template. The editor creates the project and then says Building Intellisense Data which proceeds to 100% and then it hangs. I then tried right clicking the UProject and say Generate Project. This pops up the usual dialog but then hangs as well. The Details window says “Running D:/UE4/Unreal Engine/4.5/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project=“D:/Work/UE4-Projects/TwinStickShooter/TwinStickShooter.uproject” -game -rocket -progress” but the progress bar is always at zero. There is zero CPU usage.

I have VS 2013 Professional installed which is my primary build tool. Since I also develop apps for the Windows Phone I have VS Express 2012 for WIndows Phone. Also installed are VS 2013 Express (WIndows Store and Desktop).

System variables are as follows:
VS110COMNTOOLS = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\Tools
VS120COMNTOOLS = D:\Software\VC2013Express\Common7\Tools\

The VS120COMNTOOLS says VC2013Express but when I installed VS2013 Professional it installed into the same directory as VS2013 Express.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Sanjit

Ive tried un-installing the express editions and cleaning/updating everything. VS2013 Pro works fine by itself but UE4 still cannot generate the project…

Sanjit

More info: When I rightclick on the UProject and generate project file it hangs and the title of the window says “Writing project files”.

52676c45865383faed222610cc35c4d9f7e70216.png

OK had to clean up some paths in the environment variables and now managed to get things to work… :slight_smile:

Sanjit