Ue4.22.1 + Physx 4.1 (windows)

Hi,

I am currently working on a project which would like to upgrade to Physx 4.1.

I am told that this should be “fairly straight forward”, but have run into a lot of issues with physx source files moving around since Physx 3.4, libs changing from dll to static, undocumented changes to the sdk + Apex not being part of PhysX 4.1. ( I am using the 4.1 PhysX migration guide from Nvidia). I have fixed up the .cs file + initial compile errors but now have linking issues.

The current blocker is now lots of this ( I have ensured .cs files are linking to static libs ):-

[1/3] UE4Editor-PhysXVehicles.dll
PhysX4VehiclePROFILE_x64.lib(PxVehicleSDK.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MT_StaticRelease' doesn't match value 'MD_DynamicRelease' in SharedPCH.Engine.h.obj
[2/3] UE4Editor-Engine.dll
PhysX4ExtensionsPROFILE_x64.lib(ExtExtensions.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MT_StaticRelease' doesn't match value 'MD_DynamicRelease' in PCH.Engine.h.obj
PxPvdSDKPROFILE_x64.lib(PxPvd.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MT_StaticRelease' doesn't match value 'MD_DynamicRelease' in PCH.Engine.h.obj

Somehow the build system in some place still thinks they are dlls, is there any clear way to debug this ?

I have cleaned out intermediate files, but each time I re-generate I still see
#define PHYSXVEHICLES_API DLLIMPORT in the Definitions. files.

Are there any any existing Physx 4.1 integrations available / started - are there any plans to share it OR any guides on updating UE 4.22.1 to Physx 4.1?

Did you manage? I was trying as well.
This guy wrote an implementation:
https://github.com/flauzonkinova/UnrealEngine/tree/feature/PhysX4_customUE4
but it’s outdated and unfinished.